PDA

View Full Version : Babe's Best Boys for 2004

PokerBabe(aka)
05-02-2004, 02:08 PM
It’s early May and time for Babe’s Best Boys list for 2004.

As usual, Boys are grouped by hair color.

Brunettes

1). Dynasty. Dynasty, who was honorable mention last year, makes the top of Babe’s list for 2004. The reason he makes the list is due to an incident that occurred when we were in a 20-40 game a few months ago. Babe called a bet on the turn when she was almost surely beat and spiked a card (one of 2 outs) on the river to win. Rather than “Babe bash” me by posting this on the internet, he just smiled and said….you know you should have folded on the turn there. At that moment, he became a Best Boy. Wardrobe has shown no improvement, but hey, no boy is perfect.

2). Les. Babe’s English Boy makes the list for the 2nd time. His begging and pleading to be put on the list is rather endearing. I also do so like his hairstyle and look forward to the newest gossip and fashion tips from London when he visits Vegas again. He tells me he’s on a diet so he will really LG when he next sees the Babe.

3). Key West Mike. Although he is stubborn, egocentric and pedantic to a fault, he plays a rockin' happy birthday song to the Babe on his piano. He also plays a rockin' hold'em game, but does overplay his hands at times. Well, I said he was stubborn, right? Has the largest collection of Vegas logowear of anyone I’ve ever met.

4). Dr. Leon. Dr. Leon makes the list for both LG and PG features. I am not a big fan of tattoos, but his is “mad cool” (to use his term). I love the long black leather matrix looking coat he wears and that black hair is really beautiful. He also scores points for singing Tommy Angelo songs at the Mirage 20-40 game and for 3 betting the Babe with his AA so she mucks those losing Kings pronto on the flop.

5). Tommy Angelo. Tommy makes the list because of the sweet and unexpected gift I received from him. He’s been out of touch for awhile, which could jeopardize his Best Boy status, but hopefully an upcoming visit will rectify that.

6). Jason Brown. This boy gets high marks for the wonderful conversations we have over wonderful dinners. He is a real cutie as well, and scores high on the LG scale for wardrobe. Jason is the epitome of class. I adore him. He might be the Best of the Best Boys.

Blondes

Clarkmeister. Clark gets high marks for moving from 6-12 to 40-80 in a year (did he inherit a fortune or borrow from Dynasty?) Overall, he is near the top of the LGPG scale, but I really wish he would work on that loose image I dislike so much.

Grey, Bald or Balding

1). Paul (aka Poker Dick). Paul makes the list again for being one of my best friends and poker pals. His constant support is a source of great comfort when the Babe takes a beat or two. He always encourages me to move up, move ahead and move on. Taking my aunt to breakfast also scores him huge points in the Babe’s book. Of course, taking me to breakfast is a big plus as well. Paul has often said I eat more than any Babe he knows and he is happy he doesn’t have to support my “food habit” on a daily basis.

3). J. P. (aka Old Fart) . My daily email pal and faithful golf buddy gets high marks on the Babe’s list for being a dear friend. I can rarely beat him at golf, despite the fact that he is a few decades older than me! I really enjoy our
conversations about cooking although we will never ever resolve that peas and pasta issue.

4). Vince Lepore. Vince is one of the more argumentative boys on the list and is well known for this trait. However, he never argues about who his favorite Babe is. I absolutely love Vince because he absolutely loves me. He is the only boy that sends me emails twice because he is concerned he forgot to send the first one. He is also the only boy that writes me from Laos.

5). Barry Tanenbaum. Barry is a good friend and wonderful teacher. He gets the award for the inspirational phrases of the year: “Remember, Babe, variance is your friend” and the also popular "Bet your big hands like big hands". Barry actually complimented me once this year without realizing it – and THAT means a lot to the Babe.

LGPG,

Babe /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Andy B
05-02-2004, 02:21 PM
Eat pasta. Don't eat peas. What's the issue?

PokerBabe(aka)
05-02-2004, 02:26 PM
Problem is, the Old Fart likes to eat them together in red sauce. Ugh....
/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Andy B
05-02-2004, 02:31 PM
White sauce I can see, not that it would occur to me in a million years or anything, but in red sauce? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Ulysses
05-02-2004, 02:42 PM
I'll be there next week, so you'll have to amend this list.

Clarkmeister. Clark gets high marks for moving from 6-12 to 40-80 in a year (did he inherit a fortune or borrow from Dynasty?) Overall, he is near the top of the LGPG scale, but I really wish he would work on that loose image I dislike so much.

That loose image is one of the key things that has helped Clarky move up so quickly.

Barry
05-02-2004, 02:51 PM
So can I still go to the golf outing? /images/graemlins/frown.gif

PokerBabe(aka)
05-02-2004, 03:12 PM
Clark has admitted that his goofball loose image has made it more difficult for him to represent a specific hand at times. Since you never know wtf he has, I suspect his ability to bluff is greatly reduced. Sometimes, it's better to NOT be called, eh?

Looking forward to meeting you next week

LPGP,

PokerBabe(aka)
05-02-2004, 03:13 PM
Hi Barry.

You can still be in the running for next year's list. Don't despair. See you at the Golf event of the year!

LGPG,

Ulysses
05-02-2004, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes, it's better to NOT be called, eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? This I don't understand. I always have the nuts. Always. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

PokerBabe(aka)
05-02-2004, 03:34 PM
Exactly. I love peas in white sauce but the Old Fart still insists on putting them in red. YUCK

Babe

M2d
05-02-2004, 10:52 PM
iirc: U, how did you call that raise?
U: I had a straight
U, before the flop, how did you call the raise?
U: what are you talking about, i had a straight...

Dynasty
05-02-2004, 11:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Babe called a bet on the turn when she was almost surely beat and spiked a card (one of 2 outs) on the river to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a 1-outer given the hands you were up against. And, then you didn't bet/raise the river when you hit it.

PokerBabe(aka)
05-03-2004, 12:27 AM
LOL. I just knew you would have to comment. How the heck can I bet or raise when I am laughing so hard I am peeing myself. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

LGPG,

leon
05-03-2004, 06:19 AM
As always, a pleasure to read your posts. And I am honored.

Thinking of you Vegas-ites and the great games I must be missing with the WSOP going on. Wish I was there.

On another note, our next encounter should be sooner rather than later. The girlfriend and I found a place out in San Diego last week, and we'll be there come June. No more donating to the foxwoods regulars for me /images/graemlins/frown.gif but at least now I'm closer to Vegas. You gotta teach me golf Babe... I'm gonna be the laughingstock of my peers.

Take care Babe. I'll drop you a line the next time I come out.

Leon

Abe
05-03-2004, 06:15 PM
Congrats to the winners (even you, Vince)

I have been dropped from the list due to some LB and PB traits - sorta like being on social probation in college.

Maybe some nice gifts to PokerBabe will get me back on the list for next year. Maybe something nice from the cardrooms of Northern Mississippi or Eastern Iowa.

PokerBabe(aka)
05-03-2004, 08:04 PM
Hi Abe. You know the Babe loves gifts but you should be here for the BB tournament. /images/graemlins/mad.gif This may be the reason you were dropped from the list.

LGPG,

still love ya,

J.Brown
05-03-2004, 11:54 PM
Babe,

I am flattered by the very kind words and time you would take to include me in your wonderful list of favorite boys.

Although I spend a daily hour lurking on this, my favorite website, your post had inspired me to begin posting on a daily basis starting with this one!!! (just so people know who you are talking about if I make the list again in 2005!)

I will send you an email so we can set up some plans for dinner, poker, and possibly the golf outing as I will be in town on Monday for the WSOP. I believe The Shadow will be in attendance as well, you may have to come down and check out the Golden Nugget's poker room with us, that should be where we will both be staying.

Again I am honored and humbled by your kind words and congratulations to the other Best Boys, you are a select group to be liked by the most special lady in all of poker. cheers--J.Brown

PokerBabe(aka)
05-04-2004, 12:49 AM
WOW. I am really excited about you and the Shadow coming to town next week. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Why don't you both bring your clubs and play in the tournament on the 14th? I will see you regardless, anytime or anywhere (as long as it's not past 9pm- lol).

LGPG,