PDA

View Full Version : the dirty south (trip report)

turnipmonster
05-02-2004, 01:32 PM
how much do I suck at poker? last night I'm playing PLHE in matt flynn's game and we are drinking crown and matt is taking everyone's chips and I came very close to raising matt on the turn with nothing when he had the nuts.

so the second hand I am dealt I have cowboys and some other guy has rockets and we get it in preflop and I am stuck like a pig and short stacked cause I brought not enough money. fortunately I triple through when I have the rockets and matt has cowboys and some other guy has a mystery hand that he could call my allin with but couldn't call matt's turn underbet.

so after getting even I play bad and lose some money back and we drink and talk and have a good 'ol time.

hand I may have misplayed/misremembered:

I have cowboys in the big blind and raise the pot to 60 straight after limpers, 2 callers one of whom is the worst player ever. the flop comes 889 with 2 hearts and I bet 200 with about 600 behind, bad player minraises me 200 more and it's reraise or fold time so I lay it down. after this hand I decide I suck at poker and it's probably time to call it quits for the night. then I make the best play I made all night and cash out.

--turnipmonster