PDA

View Full Version : AQo Is A Big Loser For Me

charlie_t_jr
05-02-2004, 01:26 PM
Overall my win rate is pretty good, but according to PT, AQo is a big loser for me. So her are a few recent AQ hands, help me out.

Hand 1:

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Qs Ac (two pair, aces and sevens).
MP2 shows 9h Jc (two pair, jacks and sevens).
Outcome: Hero wins 8.50 BB. </font>

Hand 2:

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (3.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>

Final Pot: 3.25 BB

Hero shows Ah Qc (high card, ace).
Button shows Ks 3h (one pair, threes).
Outcome: Button wins 3.25 BB. </font>

Hand 3:

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (12.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB

Hero shows Ad Qc (one pair, aces).
UTG shows 8d 8h (three of a kind, eights).
UTG+1 shows Ah 9c (two pair, aces and nines).
Outcome: UTG wins 15.50 BB. </font>

Hand 4:

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (6.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>

Final Pot: 6.75 BB

Hero shows Ad Qc (high card, ace).
Button shows Qs Qd (one pair, queens).
Outcome: Button wins 6.75 BB. </font>

These are some AQ hands I don't think I played very well...what do you think?

SoCalPat
05-02-2004, 01:57 PM
Hand 1: I'd bet out the turn again and see what happens. I'm not nearly ready enough to put him on two pair or a straight right now.

Hand 2: If your opponent is going to call you down with junk like this every time in this situation, you're probably better not trying to move him off it here with your unimproved AQ. And if he called a raise with K3o, you can bet he'll call you down.

Hand 3: You just have to tip your hat here to UTG+1. With his position relative to you, the PF raiser, it is the proper to play to call behind after someone bets out. Personally, I would've let you take control of the hand on the flop here, then popped you on the turn, but the call reraise was an excellent play on his part.

And with with top pair, excellent kicker, you really can't drop this hand for one bet. You're stuck on this one.

Hand 4: I think you really botched this one. Your opponent would be a fool to drop any pair higher than a 9 in a heads-up situation. Trying to move an opponent who raised PF off a hand heads up with nothing yourself isn't a long-term winning play.

tech
05-02-2004, 01:59 PM
How many AQ hands do you have in PT? How many overall? Might just be tough luck in some spots.

Hand 1: Looks fine to me. An argument could be made for raising preflop, but I don't think checking there is a bad play, depending upon the table conditions.

Hand 2: Curious as to what others have to say here. If you are going to fire at him on the flop, you probably ought to fire again on the turn. Many players will fold the turn but not the flop. You are getting roughly 3:1 there, and I think the combination of the potential fold, your outs, and the fact that you might be ahead anyway justify the bet. Again, would love to hear other opinions on this.

Hand 3: I would have 3-bet preflop to make UTG and UTG+1 call two cold (and hope they fold). Post-flop, looks fine. I'm pretty sure you are beat, but you pretty well have to call it down at that point.

Hand 4: I would check the turn and fold to a bet. The pot is small. You don't have much, and you might not have any clean outs. Plus, there is virtually no chance he is going to fold there.

DeathDonkey
05-02-2004, 03:56 PM
Hand 1: Raise preflop, 3 bet the flop, bet out every street

Hand 2: Bet the turn, check/fold the river

Hand 3: 3 bet preflop, lead/3 Bet the flop. Lead the turn, call a raise. Check call the river. I would lose more than you on this hand

Hand 4: Check/fold the turn

-DeathDonkey