PDA

View Full Version : 4 Hands from this morning, comments?.

B Dids
05-02-2004, 12:39 PM
Nice session, the first hand is just showing off/asking if you'd limp with that on the button. The rest are some plays that I feel were somewhat iffy.

1- Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Dids is Button with 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Dids calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, MP3 folds, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Dids bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Dids calls, BB folds, MP1 calls.

River: (8 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Dids raises</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
MP1 shows 6d Js (straight, six high).
CO shows 9d Th (straight, six high).
Dids shows 3s 4s (straight flush, six high).
Outcome: Dids wins 14 BB. </font>

2- Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Dids is BB with 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, Dids checks.

Flop: (5 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
SB checks, Dids checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks.

Turn: (2.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Dids bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, SB folds.

River: (4.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Dids checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Dids calls.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

Dids shows 4d Ts (one pair, tens).
MP2 shows Jd Ac (straight, ace high).
Outcome: MP2 wins 6.50 BB. </font>

3- Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Dids is MP2 with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, Dids calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(7 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, Dids calls, MP3 folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, Dids calls, SB calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, Dids checks.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

SB shows 8s 9d (one pair, nines).
UTG+1 shows As 6d (two pair, aces and sixes).
MP1 shows 3c Tc (one pair, tens).
Dids shows Jc Kd (one pair, kings).
Outcome: UTG+1 wins 9.50 BB. </font>

4- Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Dids is CO with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Dids calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (3.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Dids bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: (2.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Dids bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (4.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
BB checks, Dids checks.

Final Pot: 4.75 BB

BB shows Kc Qc (one pair, kings).
Dids shows Th Kh (two pair, kings and tens).
Outcome: Dids wins 4.75 BB. </font>

tech
05-02-2004, 02:22 PM
Hand 1: Yeah, I probably fold that, but nice catch. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hand 2: I wouldn't have bet the turn. I probably check/fold here and save my chips for a bigger pot. This has slowplay written all over it anyway.

Hand 3: The turn call is marginal. I don't think you have the odds unless you are thinking he doesn't really have the A, because your J outs are questionable. Question -- do you call a river bet there?

Hand 4: Looks OK to me.

elitegimp
05-02-2004, 02:26 PM
my $0.02:

1) nice hand (at the end). I personally don't play suited connectors that low -- from the button I'm tempted to play 76s and 87s but usually muck them. However, you had 3 callers in front of you and if you were reasonably sure that SB would complete and BB would check I think this is an okay call.

2) I don't think you would get called on the turn by something worse than bottom pair... to me you're throwing away that river bet to either an ace or a jack (heh, just looked at the results... make that an ace _and_ a jack)

3) The king is the worst possible turn card for you -- I would probably see the river for one more bet because of it, but would have folded to a river bet (so you played it okay)

4) I smell a check-raise with a high diamond here. Good play not betting the river -- if he has a diamond he calls and you are beat. If he has a high diamond, he raises and you're beat. If he doesn't have a diamond, he folds and you don't gain anything. [just looked at the results: I don't think he could have called a bet with that hand]

bakku
05-02-2004, 02:51 PM
Hand 1: I personally don't play suited connectors that low but I guess it's up to personal preference, post flop looks good

Hand 2: I like check/folding the turn, the pot is small and I really doubt you can buy the pot here enough times to make it worth it.

Hand 3: I think I'd fold the turn

Hand 4: You have to bet the river here, listen to bison and fear not the flush

B Dids
05-02-2004, 03:11 PM
1- The table was ultra passive. I knew I wasn't getting raised. Normally I don't play this hand from that position.

2 and 3 I pretty much agree with you- that was there I had questions.

4- I think this was the prime hand for "only hands that beat you call". Maybe I'm wrong, but I felt right in checking the river.

bakku
05-02-2004, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1- The table was ultra passive. I knew I wasn't getting raised. Normally I don't play this hand from that position.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's ok that you played this hand, I just personally don't play it because I don't think my postflop skills are good enough yet. You played it well.

[ QUOTE ]
4- I think this was the prime hand for "only hands that beat you call". Maybe I'm wrong, but I felt right in checking the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, I think there are many worse hands that will call you here. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

tech
05-02-2004, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it's ok that you played this hand, I just personally don't play it because I don't think my postflop skills are good enough yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sandbagger. /images/graemlins/wink.gif You are more than good enough to play that post-flop.

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree, I think there are many worse hands that will call you here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely true, but are there more hands that beat you? The question is whether you the favorite when you are called. Moreover, according to TOP, you have to be more than just a 50/50 favorite because of the possibility of a check-raise. Here I think you are probably no better than even money if called and a check-raise is a good possibility, so I would not bet.

From TOP, section on heads up on the end, when your opponent checks to you (p. 202): "To take a very common situation, let's say you have three-of-a-kind in seven-card stud, and you know your opponent is drawing to a flush and nothing else. The odds against that opponent's making the flush on the last card are, we'll assume, 4-to-1, which means you are an 80% favorite to win the hand. However, if your opponent checks, you certainly should not bet because ... a bet has no positive expectation."

bakku
05-02-2004, 04:17 PM
Holy crap, you know what? I didn't notice the river brought the fourth diamond. I thought the river was the 3rd diamond. Don't bet here.

See, told ya my post flop play was horrible! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

DeathDonkey
05-02-2004, 04:21 PM
Hand 1: fold preflop

Hand 2: Check/fold turn

Hand 3: I play it like you did as long as you were planning to fold to a river bet.

Hand 4: I play it like you did.

-DeathDonkey

JerseyTom
05-02-2004, 04:35 PM
Hand 1 - If there are more limpers before me *and* I know I'm unlikely to get raised, I *might* play this. In other words, I muck 95% of the time (but that's just me). Nice catch!

Hand 2 - I check-call the turn and check-fold the river.

Hand 3 - I always call one flop bet with a gut-shot if I'm drawing to the nuts (which you are). The turn card is ugly for you. I think I can defend calling one bet like you did and then folding to a raise and then check-folding the river if unimproved.

Hand 4 - I'd play the exact same way.

bakku
05-02-2004, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you want to do that?

vulturesrow
05-02-2004, 04:56 PM
Hand 1: I would play this low suited connector pre-flop on the button. I think you played it well after that and got your card.

Hand 2: Probably check fold the turn..too many overcards out there, even on a loose table someone probably has a better pair than you.

Hand 3: Kind of torn on this one on the turn. If I count right you had 7.5 to 1 pot odds. I think this is pretty close to your odds on making one of your outs (this just at a quick glance). I think that to a degree your read on the table combined with not a lot of action thus far probably justifies the turn bet..I thought this was the toughest one for me to think about.

Hand 4: I think I would bet the river here..can't exactly articulate why except that I find the check here a little weak..he might be drawing you out for another bet but I figure this is just good information for future hands and it is one bet.

JerseyTom
05-02-2004, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you want to do that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, crap... I meant check-FOLD the turn and check-fold the river... Is that what you were asking?

bakku
05-02-2004, 05:00 PM
lol, yep..glad we're on the same page