PDA

View Full Version : pokertracker doodling - KQo

stripsqueez
05-02-2004, 09:56 AM
KQo - i've had this hand 549 times so far - i win .07 of a BB each time i get it - i fold 10% of those - i raise 75% of the time - it wins 41% of the time i play it

its sub par

KQo is the hand i cold call raises with the most - i've done it 13 times - if it werent for these 13 hands i would be winning a lot less with KQo overall

my first thought to explain this (it could just be a statistically glitch) was that i bet or call too much with KQo post flop - why ? - if i cold called a raise then its unlikely i will pay the flop unless i hit - i've chosen for some hopefully good reason to adopt that as default policy

so then i split up the hands i raise with pre flop and those i didnt - the hands that didnt raise pre flop won 80% more on average

it could be the drugs ?

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Requeim
05-02-2004, 12:18 PM
Similar stats here,

Dealt 420 times.
0.32BB/hand
coldcalled preflop 8 times
wins 42% of the time
I raised preflop 71% of the time

Any thoughts on how frequently you 3 bet with this hand preflop, not in the blinds? IMO, 3 betting preflop with KQo is probably overagressive against the average opponent.

Gramps
05-02-2004, 02:35 PM
Mine are similar to Requeim's, though I have zero coldcalls (KQs, I do coldcall a lot), and I don't raise on the button it if there are 2-3 limpers to me. It seems at Party that if you just call on the button in a family pot and a K or Q flops, you can almost guarntee being bet into. In an unraised family pot, I drop with just overcards, unless I also have a gutshot or outside flush draw (and the board is such that there's a good chance that a K or Q will make me best hand).

Dealt: 465 times
.33 BB/hand
coldcalled preflop 0 times
wins 41.94% of the time

Raised 53.76% (84.75% in non-blind positions)
Called 26.46%
Folded 19.78%

Unless I'm up against a complete maniac, I don't like 3-betting a hand like KQo that has little showdown value unimproved - except maybe from the BB in a blind battle against a SB that likes to raise. I don't mind calling from the SB when there's been a raise - especially if it's comes from an aggressive player who I may dominate, and who will keep betting. A raise from more passive player in first two positions...I don't have any problem tossing this hand from the SB. When in doubt, it's a toss.