PDA

View Full Version : Golden Nugget 20/40, KK against an aggressive and two calling stations

SinCityGuy
05-02-2004, 03:04 AM
I decided to check out the new poker room at the Golden Nugget, and I sat in on a good 20/40 game. Prior to this hand, I had lost two unimproved hands (once with AK and once with AQ) against a couple of calling stations.

I’m dealt K/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif UTG. I raise. Folded to UTG +2, who is loose/passive preflop, but he is aggressive postflop. He calls. Calling Station #1 (CS1) calls in the cutoff, and Calling Station #2 (CS2) calls on the button. The blinds both fold. Four to the flop for 9 small bets.

Flop is T/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet, and all three players call. Four to the turn for 6.5 BB.

Turn is T/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif

I check.

Barry
05-02-2004, 03:12 AM
So you were highly confident that the aggressive would bet and you could get all 3 of them for 2 bets on the turn? If so, the play is fine; if not you need to bet.

SinCityGuy
05-02-2004, 08:17 PM
When I got there at about 8:00 Saturday night, there were two 20/40 games going (one was a "must move"). My first table was down to five players after about an hour, and I was the only one who wanted to play shorthanded, so the table broke up. I got into the other game fairly quickly, but it was eight or nine handed for most of the time. I was surprised to see a cardroom this dead on a Saturday night.

I did see a blackchip game going (not sure of the stakes) with Freddy Deeb, Dewey Tomko and Stan Goldstein.

The dealers were very slow and poorly trained. The floorman was nonattentive much of the time, and the players would often have to yell out four or five times to get him to fill an empty seat.

This room has the potential to be a really good one, if they work on improving some of the deficiencies that I mentioned.

AceHigh
05-02-2004, 10:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I check.

[/ QUOTE ]

EZ check/raise, nice play.

[ QUOTE ]
The floorman was nonattentive much of the time, and the players would often have to yell out four or five times to get him to fill an empty seat.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you are saying it's a typical Vegas Poker room.

SinCityGuy
05-04-2004, 07:20 AM
I checked the turn, the aggressive player (AP) bet (as I was almost certain that he would) both calling stations called. I raised, the aggressive player called, CS1 folded and CS2 called.

Three to the river for 13.5 BB.

River is T/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet, AP folded, CS2 called.

My kings were good; she mucked J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif face up.