PDA

View Full Version : Did I fold too soon on this one? Or was it correct

Quackpot
05-02-2004, 12:49 AM
I'm not sure if I played this one correctly or not. I think I did, but the result says I need to make sure. I figured if I did continue, I was WAY behind. Are the pot odds enough to warrant continuing?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, Hero calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (8.33 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB calls, Hero folds, CO folds.

Turn: (5.16 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (7.16 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 11.16 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 11.16 BB, between BB and Button.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Button (11.16 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows Jc Jh (full house, twos full of jacks).
Button shows Kd Td (full house, twos full of kings).
Outcome: Button wins 11.16 BB. </font>

slavic
05-02-2004, 12:56 AM
I would not have played preflop. too many folds to you.

On the flop remarkably good fold.

asdf1234
05-02-2004, 12:57 AM
Ummm..you've got bottom pair on a monotone board, and you don't have any of that suit and there's been a bet and a call. Pretty safe fold. Unless you want to call on the off chance of hitting running deuces for the quads.

I probably would have folded this preflop.

Quackpot
05-02-2004, 01:14 AM
I think you are right about folding preflop. I was counting on 3 or 4 coming in behind me. They had been fairly loose. Having stayed in, I probably should have folded on the raise as well.

slavic
05-02-2004, 02:15 AM
No your not folding on the raise pre-flop. It is rare anyone behind you will fold so you are getting 7 to 1 on that call. That is plenty just on your flush value alone. Also with a BB raise you are a little more likely to have a clean A out.

On the flop you would very likely stay for the turn however the monotone flop kills that off.

You see one of the problems in hold'em is that sometimes an early mistake gets you into situations you really don't like but you can't fold either.