PDA

View Full Version : SB Play

06-18-2002, 01:14 PM
I have been dropping a lot of money in my blind play lately and I'm trying to decide if it's a bad run of cards or my play.

Here is an example. 3/6 SB is $1. All fold to me with Kc Jh. I raise. I think this has to be right. With the $1/$3 blind structure what is your cut-off point for playable hands?

In this example the BB is known to me to be loose and aggressive. He will defend almost anything.

He just calls my raise.

*** FLOP *** : [ Qd 2c Qc ]

I bet he raises. This could mean anything. I just call. Anyone raise back here?

*** TURN *** : [ Qd 2c Qc ] [ Qs ]

I check. He bets, I call. I've resigned myself to calling him down so would I be better to bet out here pretty sure he won't re-raise without the goods?

*** RIVER *** : [ Qd 2c Qc Qs ] [ Th ]

I check, he checks.

ANyone play this any different??

He had A5o and won it.

06-18-2002, 01:44 PM
The only thing that I might have done differently is on the turn. I would either bet the turn or check/fold.

I would have probably put him on the A kicker with the flop raise (hindsight 20/20) and not want to make the bigbet call. The turn bet could have knocked the Ace out or got a confirmation that you were dead in the hand.

06-18-2002, 02:04 PM
I agree with bubmack,

i either would have folded to his raise on the flop.

reraise on the flop.

or call the flop and lead in on the turn!

not call him down, when you are very vulnerable to an ace!

GOOD LUCK PLAYING!

06-18-2002, 02:33 PM
With the $1/$3 blind structure what is your cut-off point for playable hands?

The blinds are tiny, and the rake is pretty big. I suspect very few hands are worth playing in the SB here. I only play against very exploitable opponents in this position.

06-18-2002, 03:02 PM
In that blind structure, I don't think you are giving up much if you fold preflop. This is particularly true if you are unsure of your blind play at the moment, or have an opponent against whom you feel obligated to show down K high no matter what.