PDA

View Full Version : Aggression has its benefits

bernie
05-01-2004, 05:55 PM
EP in this hand is very new to the game. Literally. Ive seen him push some questionable hands such as a PP 5s into 2 or 3 major overcards on the board. This one actually kind of suprised me.

Mucks 10-20

EP limps, i limp LP limps, blinds comes along.

Flop...J 2 4 r

EP bets, i raise, LP thinks a bit, looks at me, thinks some more and calls. OK, whatever that was about. Not sure what he's coldcalling with. Ill worry about him on the turn if he acts up. Blinds fold, EP 3 bets, i cap, LP calls.

Turn 3

EP checks, i bet, both call. LP is in calling mode.

River 6

EP checks, i bet, LP calls saying, 'I think we have the same hand.' Which he repeats to a guy on his left. EP thinks abit and folds.

Results
<font color="white"> I showed KJs, LP showed KJo for a split pot. EP realizes that Jacks took it down and kept repeating, 'Jacks took that down?' Someone asked what he had. He defiantly says he had Kings and thought I or someone else must've had 2 pair or something much better with all the chips flying. He looked genuinely perturbed. Very nice guy though.</font>

b

slavic
05-01-2004, 08:32 PM
I would say EP is telling a story.

Bob T.
05-01-2004, 08:47 PM
I bet he had AJ, not kings, but he felt that kings would be a better story.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.

bernie
05-01-2004, 10:53 PM
Nah.

I have no doubt he was being honest. He was pretty new and really didnt have a clue. Which was great for the table. I could tell he was pretty mad at himself. Even more-so after he mentioned to everyone what he had and they razzed him a bit.

Why else would a guy say something like that? He wasnt a hardened type player who was trying to set up a move for later on. He burned on it for a few hands.

b

Quackpot
05-01-2004, 11:40 PM
Kind of reminds me of my "eye opening" mistake early in poker career. A6o in the BB. flop is Axx. I bet, someone raises I think, they got to have a better kicker and fold. Turn is A. River is A. I was a little disappointed.