PDA

View Full Version : Canterbury in Summer - Slower?

chrisdhal
05-01-2004, 03:11 PM
I decided to try to show up to Canterbury "early" on Friday. After fighting traffic I got there at 6:30 and got a seat at 3/6 in 10 minutes. WTF? On previous Friday nights I have had to wait up to 2 hours for a seat. Granted, I moved up to 3/6 from 2/4, but even the 2/4 line was only about 10 deep all night (more or less, I wasn't keeping that close of tabs on it).

Is Canterbury like this all summer or was it due to one of the first decent weekends of the year? Personally, I like it. It was still busy with lines at 2/4 and 3/6 and all the tables full, but the lines were moving quickly. I'll definitely be down there more often if I don't have to wait 2 hours for a seat.

Vehn
05-01-2004, 08:35 PM
Nah thats pretty much an anomaly.

annieadlin
05-01-2004, 11:45 PM
Traditional short term slow down first couple weeks of April
(tax time) then the first nice weather. Horses start running in a few weeks. I expect things will be picking up where they left off by May 14.
Oh yeah...then school gets out!

whiskeytown
05-02-2004, 01:21 PM
I noticed at the Celeb. bounty tourney on Wed. it was lighter then usual - this was an 80 degree day, so anyone with a boat, beach, pretty g/f was outside, I suspect.

it'll pick up again soon enuff, I'm sure

RB

Andy B
05-02-2004, 01:25 PM
Word must have gotten out that Andy B was going to St. Croix, because a bunch of people followed me out there Friday night. There was some horse race or other yesterday, so Canterbury was more or less the usual zoo. During the summer, there's live racing, and the kids are out of school, and I can only take so much nice weather myself, so I would expect it to be quite busy most of the time.

whiskeytown
05-02-2004, 03:56 PM
yah...a coworker of mine who doesn't play poker at all was out there yesterday to place bets on the Kentucky Derby

so Sat must have been a madhouse

RB

chrisdhal
05-02-2004, 07:37 PM
Great, thanks for info. I'll just make sure to get down there as early as I can. Thanks again!

Andy B
05-09-2004, 03:41 PM
There were open tables last night (Saturday). There were three $6/12s and a couple of $8/16s, and I think that at any point in the evening, a person could probably have gotten a seat at one of those limits with no waiting.