PDA

View Full Version : Unimproved AKo

felson
05-01-2004, 02:57 PM
B&M 4/8 loose good game

EP raises in early position. The previous hand, he won a big pot with AKs, which he did not raise with preflop. He was losing but is now in a good mood. In the cutoff I look down at AKo. Two players cold-called, and I decide to repop it. BB comes along and Mr. AKs caps it. 20 SBs in the pot.

Flop is 552. Mr. AKs bets, all call.

Turn is 5. He bets again. I call, as does BB.

River is Q. He bets again. I fold, BB folds.

Comments?

The Dude
05-01-2004, 04:13 PM
Looks fine to me. The pot's too big to consider folding anywhere except the river.

felson
05-01-2004, 08:09 PM
Would anyone call the river, or raise the flop/turn?

Crumpled Ear
05-01-2004, 08:30 PM
I think you're better off folding here. Opponents got a PP think I.

Bob T.
05-01-2004, 08:53 PM
I think I might call the river once I got that far. I suspect that I am behind, but the pot is pretty big, and I won't lose sleep, or have to post this hand and get affirmation that my fold was right.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.

RED_RAIN
05-02-2004, 05:17 AM
I think it was wrong to not call the river. With the pot size one bet is worth it.

bernie
05-02-2004, 05:29 AM
i mightve popped it either on the flop or turn. Somewhere make a move. Too passive for my taste. He most likely has a high PP, but you seem to maybe have some doubt about it.

Mightve been an easier call if the BB was in front of you and not behind you.

b

felson
05-02-2004, 06:21 PM
The preflop raiser flashed AJo, apparently thinking he had the best hand. I didn't bother to correct him.

This hand took place last December (!), and it drove me nuts for a long time afterwards. Especially given the unique texture of the board, I should have called the river -- but I thought the BB must have had a deuce to have been calling all the way, and I was very unhappy when he folded behind me.

Thanks to all who responded.

Nate tha' Great
05-02-2004, 07:58 PM
It sounds like your read on your opponent is that he's in a spot where he might be raising a little bit light. If that's the case, you should play true to your read, which I think entails raising a flop that didn't help anyone in an effort to get it heads up. The way that you played it I think that you can consider calling the river, but that's partly because you played it in such a way that you really have no idea where you're at.

Bob T.
05-02-2004, 08:05 PM
and it drove me nuts for a long time afterwards.

See what I mean about getting a good night's sleep if you call /images/graemlins/grin.gif?

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.