PDA

View Full Version : Flush draw turned Top Pair - Too passive?

BonJoviJones
05-01-2004, 12:23 PM
Looking for advice about where I should have bet/raised (Re-reading it I think maybe the river?). The min-betting kind of threw me...

Party Poker Pot-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (10 handed)

BB ($77.75)
UTG ($42.35)
UTG+1 ($25)
UTG+2 ($20.90)
MP1 ($34.10)
MP2 ($24.50)
Hero ($24.60)
CO ($24.25)
Button ($13.50)
SB ($18.40)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif. UTG+1 posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG folds, UTG+1 (poster) checks, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls $0.50, MP2 calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($3) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($3) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets $0.5</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, SB folds.

River: ($4.50) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets $0.5</font>, MP2 calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50.

Final Pot: $6
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: $6, between BB, MP2 and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero ($6).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows 7d 3s (one pair, threes).
MP2 shows Jd Th (one pair, tens).
Hero shows Ah 9h (one pair, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins $6. </font>

SpaceAce
05-01-2004, 08:04 PM
First of all, I would bet this flop just about 100% of the time after everyone checked to me. Second, your opponents are screaming weakness with the minimum betting and calling so I would definitely put in a healthy raise with my top pair on the river.

Edit: I just read the results. That sort of junk is exactly what I expected them to be holding.

SpaceAce

klagett
05-01-2004, 09:47 PM
Yeah I agree with space 100% if they are gonna check to you I might throw 2 or 3 in the pot in hopes of taking it down right there, and if not you still have outs. Skipping that I think probably a reraise on the river would be correct. With the checking and min-betting nobody seems very strong, I would probably be thinking lower flush draws and god knows what else.

AeonBlues
05-02-2004, 01:23 AM
There are times when players, and expecialy weak players, bet weak with strong hands. So if you raise, you are risking getting re raised and having to fold a draw that might have got paid very big if you saw the hand to the river. I definatly wouldn't raise with the draw here. By the way, if I raise on the draw, then someone bet the pot into me /images/graemlins/grin.gif and I'm hoping to slow down actaction, or get a steal.

When the river comes up and you hit an A, then call still seams reasonable to me. The reason, is that your hand is pretty weak, and can't take a re raise. Unless you like pissing away your money. So by raising, 1st you probably won't be called by a weaker hand, 2nd a better hand will bet you out, or 3rd a clever or eratic bluff will force you to fold.

Basicly, if my hand is weak enough that I can't call a re raise, then I will only raise if I am on a steal.

AeonBlues