PDA

View Full Version : Flopped a set, but should I be scared?

Alobar
05-01-2004, 02:09 AM
Crazy table, it will go from complete retarded maniacal madness to 4 hands in a row folded through to the BB. Needless to say its crazy and I havent been getting the best of it so I'm a little tiltish. The BB in this hand is about as stupid as they come, limp reraising hands like 98o, loves to bet into the preflop raiser and then 3 bet his raise with absolutely nothing. Check raises gut shot draws, stuff like that. But he's not your typical LAG maniac who does this every hand, he seems to go in spells, just like the rest of the table. MP3 is a little on the loose side preflop, sometimes over aggresive with hands that don't warrent it post flop, but yet sometimes plays scared with very good hands.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (8.33 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP3 calls, BB calls.

Turn: (5.66 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls, BB calls.

River: (17.66 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 26.66 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 26.66 BB, between MP3, BB and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP3 (26.66 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows 8c Jh (straight, jack high).
Hero shows 9s 9h (full house, nines full of sevens).
MP3 shows Td Tc (full house, tens full of sevens).
Outcome: MP3 wins 26.66 BB. </font>

I was shocked the retard actually had the str8. I suspected mp3 might have TT when he only called on the flop cuz that seemed a little wierd. I prolly should have called the turn, but BB could have had anything and if MP3 did have the TT I figure its getting capped anyway, so I might as well cap incase he juse has the overpair and chickens out and calls.

River, stupid raise? I guess if I would have called the turn I would have known how to go about this river. I don't really like how I played this at all, but I would like to know everyone elses thoughts

LAGmaniac
05-01-2004, 02:40 AM
I liked how you played it on all streets. I wouldn't have slowed down with the that hand until river 3-bet either, (you're only behind to two possible hands on the river, and there's no way you could expect that str8 on the turn, which you had outs against anyway.) Sorry about the outcome, that's brutal.