PDA

View Full Version : WOW WOW WOW 2 MONSTER POTS

siccjay
05-01-2004, 02:01 AM
Sorry guys, I don't believe these myself....the table was crazy for awhile....every preflop capped 4 and 5 ways. Look at these two MONSTER pots both within about 5 hands of each other.

While this post is mostly bragging. Where would you have played it different?

Well....as I said...everything was gettin capped and I figured I had odds to see a flop with 66....I think it paid off. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Sicc is UTG with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif.
Sicc calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Sicc caps</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (28 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(7 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, Sicc checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Sicc 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, SB calls, BB calls, Sicc calls.

Turn: (24.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Sicc bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Sicc caps</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, SB calls.

River: (40.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Sicc bets</font>, MP1 calls $0.75 (All-In), MP3 calls, SB folds.

Final Pot: 43.25 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 42.75 BB, between Sicc, MP1 and MP3.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Sicc (42.75 BB).</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 0.50 BB, between Sicc and MP3.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Sicc (0.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Sicc shows 6d 6c (four of a kind, sixes).
MP1 shows Qh Qd (full house, queens full of sixes).
MP3 shows Tc Qs (two pair, queens and sixes).
Outcome: Sicc wins 43.25 BB. </font>

Horrible original call from the SB or do you think the pot is gonna be big enough. I think it ended up big enough.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Sicc is SB with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Sicc calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button calls, Sicc calls, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Sicc calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (32 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(8 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Sicc bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Sicc caps</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (30.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(7 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Sicc bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Sicc 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB caps $4 (All-In)</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls, Sicc calls.

River: (54.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players, 1 all-in) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Sicc bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP3 folds, Button folds.

Final Pot: 56.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 54.50 BB, between Sicc, BB and UTG+1.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Sicc (54.50 BB).</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 2 BB, between Sicc and UTG+1.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Sicc (2 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Sicc shows 9h 5h (full house, nines full of fives).
BB shows Ts Js (one pair, nines).
UTG+1 shows Ac Ah (two pair, aces and nines).
Outcome: Sicc wins 56.50 BB. </font>

symphonic
05-01-2004, 02:10 AM
Hand 1: Capping preflop is pretty dumb in my opinion. The rest is standard.

Hand 2: The preflop call was completely wrong, no matter how you look at it. The rest is standard.

siccjay
05-01-2004, 02:17 AM
Hand 1, The cap was dumb? So I should have folded? No way I'm folding here. Why should I just call and let someone else cap it? If I would end up calling the cap anyway.

Hand 2, There was a lot of money going in the pot I didn't think it would end up being capped I was hopin to get in for .75 against everyone elses $1. It didn't work out too good.

symphonic
05-01-2004, 02:25 AM
You shouldn't fold, but I still wouldn't cap on hand 1. On hand 2, even calling for 1 3/4 BB with that hand is wrong.

siccjay
05-01-2004, 02:27 AM
Well I go by the rule that if I would call a bet you might as well bet anyway. So if I was going to call a cap behind me, which I'm POSITIVE would have happed, why not show agression and cap it myself.

Sorry if thats wrong. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

tech
05-01-2004, 02:38 AM
If every hand is really being capped preflop, I'm not sure that I would even attempt to play 66 UTG. I might never have made the first call.

siccjay
05-01-2004, 02:44 AM
Good point, but at lower limits I have gotten to where I am too loose even at crazy tables.

bakku
05-01-2004, 02:55 AM
being loose at crazy tables is no good..if anything you should be playing much much tighter. don't let the craziness make you crazy

siccjay
05-01-2004, 03:23 AM
I agree.....I even have that written on a piece of paper taped to my wall. I just got lucky twice in a row but I still think the 66 was fine and the 2nd hand i would have definatley folded if I knew it was gonna be capped as well. If you look, you see that a different limper raised each time.

BaronVonCP
05-01-2004, 03:57 AM
That's a silly rule.

siccjay
05-01-2004, 11:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That's a silly rule.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for explaining why you think it's a silly rule, your post has meant a lot to me.

Of course there are situations where it would be silly BUT I think it is good for a lot of situations.

kiemo
05-01-2004, 07:19 PM
Simple fact is both these hands shouldve been folded preflop. You got really lucky twice, take it as that and stop trying to defend two horrible preflop decisions.

The Dude
05-01-2004, 07:53 PM
I've found that in games where you know it's going to get capped behind you, being the one to show initiative means nothing.

siccjay
05-01-2004, 08:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Simple fact is both these hands shouldve been folded preflop. You got really lucky twice, take it as that and stop trying to defend two horrible preflop decisions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who are you to tell me to stop defending anything?

What is the difference in limping with 66 against 7 player for one bet and playing 66 in a capped preflop against 7 players? To me? Nothing, I'm looking for a 6 top flop either time. If I don't flop a 6 I'm done and I paid 2 bucks to try and win a $30+ pot. I think I may have had implied odds.

The 2nd one I agree was bad, not horrible. But with 8 players seeing the flop I mean come on....gamble a little.

I'll go ahead and continue to make HORRIBLE preflop decesions in order to crush these microlimit games.

kiemo
05-01-2004, 09:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

What is the difference in limping with 66 against 7 player for one bet and playing 66 in a capped preflop against 7 players? To me? Nothing, I'm looking for a 6 top flop either time. If I don't flop a 6 I'm done and I paid 2 bucks to try and win a $30+ pot. I think I may have had implied odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets see you flop a set once every 12 hands or so. So 11 times you fold for -44 SB and the one time you hit, this of course assumes your set holds up, however against 7 players in a capped preflop this happens how often, you gain 28 SB.

Interesting strategy.

2nd hand. 4 gapper 9 high. BUT ITS SUITED. Sounds like the kinds of hand that people here say 'make a note on that player, he will pay you off eventually'.

[ QUOTE ]

I'll go ahead and continue to make HORRIBLE preflop decesions in order to crush these microlimit games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah man, your poker penis is way bigger then mine.

Especially the way you dont focus so heavily on immediate results and can look back at a hand and realize your mistakes even if the results worked toward your favor this time. Not to mention how appreciative you are towards others when YOU post a hand for critique/bragging and they dont agree with the way you played - just awesome man, you are truly one of the greats.

siccjay
05-01-2004, 09:53 PM
Poker Penis? I'm not the one who made a smartass post first. I believe that was you. Make a note one me, please.

bisonbison
05-01-2004, 11:02 PM

Jay, stop while you're behind. Honestly. You need to calm down.

Hand 2 was terrible and you got a great flop and then boated up. Do you want a prize? If every time I made a shitty preflop call I turned a boat, I'd be happy too. Unfortunately, in the long run, calling with this is a terrible mistake.