PDA

View Full Version : yuk

stripsqueez
04-30-2004, 10:32 PM
5/10 6 max - i only played a couple of orbits whilst waiting for another table so i didnt know these guys at all - i get 4s2s in the BB

UTG limps - folded to the SB who completes and i check

flop is 3c Qs 4d - the SB bets - i raise - UTG folds and the SB calls

turn is 8s - SB checks - i bet - SB raises - hmmm - i call

river is 9h - SB bets - call/fold/raise ?

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

gonores
05-01-2004, 03:30 AM
Mmmmmm, I'd like to think I would fold here. If the flop was more coordinated, I'd be more inclined to call.

King_J
05-01-2004, 08:17 AM
Why do you want to get involved with a such a weak hand?
Fold on the flop, you are likely behind.

stripsqueez
05-01-2004, 08:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

good advice

but what do you do on the river ?

Inthacup
05-01-2004, 09:01 AM
It's hard for me to rule out that he's bluffing because I've taken this exact line when bluffing before.

You don't know the guy and won't hang around much longer anyways, I say close your eyes and call.

The fact that this is a SB/BB outplayathon means it's more like that he is bluffing.

Since you like guess the hand games, I think he's either got a Q, A high, a better 4 or J 10.

Cup

stripsqueez
05-01-2004, 10:27 AM
i cheated - the SB checked the river and turned over AsKs

i hadnt decided what i was going to do on the river - i was thinking about it and then the chips came my way - i am sure he should bet

gonores
05-01-2004, 11:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

turn is 8s - SB checks - i bet - SB raises - hmmm - i call

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this "hmmm" translate to a few extra seconds before you made your decision? When I see a decent player doing this after I take this line into him, I usually interpret it as him thinking "do I want to spend 2BB to show this hand down?" or sometimes "should I re-pop him now or wait for the river?" Either way, this is one of the few times I will use an online tell to help me make my decision. Right or wrong, I'm not so certain I'd bet into you again on the river if I were the SB.

King_J
05-01-2004, 12:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

good advice

but what do you do on the river ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sry, I stopped reading after your flop-play. I think you have a clear fold on the river.

Schneids
05-01-2004, 12:39 PM
post deleted, I misread the board /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nate tha' Great
05-01-2004, 04:53 PM
It certainly isn't a terrible raise. A lot of SB's are capable of betting out with almost anything here, including a draw or ace high or two overcards. I certainly don't think you should be folding 100% of the time here, and raising is much better than calling.

stripsqueez
05-02-2004, 08:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does this "hmmm" translate to a few extra seconds before you made your decision?

[/ QUOTE ]

no - at the table calling the turn raise was auto - i'm thinking about whether to call the river bet - the "hmmm" was the auto pilot being switched off as i wondered what he might have