PDA

View Full Version : Where would you raise this flush? Or is being a calling staion ok?

Guido
04-30-2004, 08:46 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Guido is CO with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Guido raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Guido calls, SB calls, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Guido calls, SB folds, MP2 calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Guido calls, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 13.50 BB, between MP2, MP3 and Guido.</font>

blackaces13
04-30-2004, 08:55 PM
I'd raise the turn, and the river. Even raising the flop wouldn't be all that bad since you were the PF raiser and you'd raise an overpair here.

But my god you have to raise SOMEWHERE. Are you that worried about a boat? I don't think you should be.

PS. insert the phrase "monsters under the bed" somewhere into my second paragraph. I regret its glaring omission, clearly an oversight on my part.

tolbiny
04-30-2004, 09:09 PM
As i look at this hand i start to agree with his line of play. A raise on the flop is going to put a lot of pressure on guys behind you who are WAY behind. Going for overcalls is not bad here, although i wouldnt disagree with raising the flop at a table where coldcalling 2 was common.
The turn: this is one of the worst cards for you, it kills the for anyone with les than a flush and that can only be J high at best. Again going for overcalls is fine with 2 players behind you.
the river: i think raising here is terrible- the only three possibilities are a call from a J or T high flush, or a reraise from a boat or a rare Str8 flush. The call gives the sb a chance to throw another bet your way, and a raise only opens up the possibilities for a reraise.

sthief09
04-30-2004, 09:10 PM
The only place you really could've raised is the river, but I don't think it's worth it. If you raise, there's a reasonable chance no one calls. If you call, you'll almost definitely get an overcall.

joker122
04-30-2004, 09:13 PM
He's not worried about any monsters, he's worried about driving players out. The overcall is good on the flop and turn. I'd definatly raise the river though.

BaronVonCP
04-30-2004, 09:15 PM
I think you need to raise the river.
I generally raise the flop, but I raise lots of flops.

tolbiny
04-30-2004, 09:34 PM
i think you get three bet by a better hand at least as often as you will get called on this river- added to that the fact that the sb may overcall, i think calling is definately the correct play.

LAGmaniac
04-30-2004, 09:55 PM
Flop: Raise and pray for cold-callers. You raised pf so if you have an aggresive enough image at the table you flop-raise could just mean overcards. Even if they put you on Aces they may call you with a lone heart or straight draw.

Turn: if checked to you, bet and pray for the check-raise. Then either smooth call or pop it on the river depending on how many callers are between you and the check-raiser. Most likely you will only get called by low hearts but they sure aren't folding.
River: Bet/Raise

But of course this all depends on how aggressive the table is and how aggressive you appear to be. Since you were there, you know best whether that line of play would have killed your action, so you may have squeezed the most out of it possible.

blackaces13
04-30-2004, 11:53 PM
Yeah you're right. Hey, I was the first to respond I'm allowed to be misguided. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Guido
05-01-2004, 04:43 AM
The players behind me would defenately fold if they didn't have the J or T of hearts and even then they might fold. That's why I called to get as many callers as possible. The turn was a bad card for me and for the same reason as on the flop I called again. On the river I could raise but the SB would certainly fold and I might face a re-raise, although not very likely.

I didn't see any monsters under the bed like someone said. I just didn't see a good place where a raise would be correct. It felt strange though.

Thanks,

Guido

Trix
05-01-2004, 07:45 AM
I raise the flop, as far as I remember, slowplaying isnīt correct in a pot this size with 4 other players.
Open TOP and check it out.
You think they will put you on made flush if you raise ?