PDA

View Full Version : Good isolation check-raise?

06-16-2002, 12:21 AM
Playing 4-8 (with kill) last night. There is a lady in the game who has played EVERY hand for 2 hours. Her stack has gone up and down and up and down. She is currently on the UP and we are on the KILL.

( I had just lost a huge pot when with 43o she called 24 pre-flop, 8 on the flop ( no draws, all overcards) and 16 on the turn when she hit her 3 against my unimproved AK just to set the stage).

I am in the SB with 66. I call and there is 6 callers each for $8.

The flop is T32 rainbow.

I check and it is checked to 100% lady. She bets. I decide this is a good time to isolate her and check-raise. All fold and she calls.

Turn is Q. Bet/call.

River is Q. bet/call.

I show 66 for my 2 pair. She shows A7 for nada.

When I left a few hours later she had actually folded 1 hand. I can't imagine what it was.

Ken Poklitar

ohKanada@hotmail.com

06-16-2002, 04:44 AM
Excellent play. You want to isolate a looney tune since it dramatically increases your winning chances. The check-raise move was good since you are incredibly vulnerable to overcards.

06-16-2002, 09:02 AM
Any time you can get heads-up against stupid people, you're making money. Oh, and the hand she folded? Must've been 72o, since that's "the worst hand you can get." /images/wink.gif

06-16-2002, 06:18 PM
ohKanada,

I like your checkraise here, the other players checked, so hopefully they won't call two bets, and on the button checked to, she might have anything, and you have some values so you are probably ahead, certainly often enough given that there is a little dead money in the pot you will come out ahead in the long run.

One night I was playing with a player who played every single hand, after about two hours, he finally folded a hand preflop, and I thought 'what's he got that he folds?'. Then he left for the restroom. Did she leave for the restroom after she folded?

Good luck,

Play well,

Bob T.

06-17-2002, 01:41 AM
Not sure if it was 72o or what. All I know is a semi-regular sits down and a few hands later curses and is pissed off and moves to stud after seeing that his blind hand ( presumably top pair) loses to her when she has flopped 2 pair with 62o.

Ken Poklitar

ohKanada@hotmail.com