PDA

View Full Version : LOOK OUT ALL YOU FAT VEGAS HUMPS!!! Sucker & Ulysses are coming!!!

J.A.Sucker
04-30-2004, 06:12 PM
Yes, that's right all of you desert degenerates, Bay 101 will NOT be the Bay's Place To Play in a week, because Ulysses and I are coming to Vegas from May 6-9! We plan on drinking, gambling, and doing all kinds of Vegas activities. I'm looking to play 20-40 through 80-160, so stop by and sit in my game; you can rob my blinds all day long (ask Zee). If you want to spot me, just listen for the guy yelling "AKSHAWN!!!" in the Bellagio top section. I also am looking forward to hitting the links with the legendary Pokerbabe, asking Sklansky who he likes in the Daily Racing Form, hopefully chatting with Mason, and of course meeting up with as many 2+2ers as possible who are in town (Clark, Dynasty, Ed, the visiting Coileen, of course). It may be cool to get together and chat about whatever and have some drinks, though I don't really feel like organizing anything since I'm on vacation.

Also, where are the good games at these days? Is the Mirage still spreading larger games than 20-40? How about downtown, is the 'Shoe or the Nugget worth visiting? Ulysses was mumbling something about NL, but we'll see if he makes it past the BJ tables. If any of you want to make specific plans, PM me and we'll coordinate.

Clarkmeister
04-30-2004, 07:16 PM
As of last night, the place to play was the Nugget 50-100 with Josh W., Coilean and myself all in it at various points throughout the night. Multiple people were straddling and the game was very nice.

Ulysses
04-30-2004, 11:18 PM
Good lord. I can't play 50-100 w/ all you guys who actually know how to play limit well. We'll have to find some NL somewhere so I stand a fighting chance against you guys.

Ray Zee
05-01-2004, 12:32 AM
they will be easy to spot in vegas. look for the game with eight players falling asleep. the other two will be dave and ulysses.

PokerBabe(aka)
05-01-2004, 09:46 AM
Some of us are not Fat Humps, ya know. Can't wait to see you on the links Sucker . T time is 8:36 so be bright eyed and bushy tailed. Or, be bleary eyed and with your tail tucked. /images/graemlins/grin.gif If Ulysses doesn't play golf or 50-100, he and I can play the low limit 20-40 at Mirage /images/graemlins/grin.gif

LGPG,

Babe /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Clarkmeister
05-01-2004, 12:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
he and I can play the low limit 20-40 at Mirage

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to the Mirage a few days ago and there were tumbleweeds blowing through the place.

Never fear, they are spreading 20-40 at both the Shoe and the Nugget too.

Barry
05-01-2004, 01:33 PM
I thought that golf was on May 14th?

J.A.Sucker
05-01-2004, 07:26 PM
Can't wait, Babe! I'll be up and at em. I might even be coherent by the third hole /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good news is that I'm hitting it pretty well at the range, though I haven't played a round yet. Should be fun!

J.A.Sucker
05-01-2004, 07:27 PM
I'm not that boring of a guy, am I Ray?

Ray Zee
05-01-2004, 09:04 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Dynasty
05-01-2004, 09:45 PM
I was playing with one of you guys this afternoon in the Mirage 20-40 game. I would have introduced myself but I prefer not to discuss 2+2 at the tables.

I was playing on Table 2 and sitting in seat 5. One of you was sitting in seat 6.

I planned on saying hello before I left but you guys were gone about an hour after seat 5 switched to a different game.

Clarkmeister
05-01-2004, 10:01 PM
" in the Mirage 20-40 game"

They still have a 20 game? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

j/k Seriously though, are they even getting more than 2 tables of it going anymore?

Dynasty
05-02-2004, 12:13 PM
They had two tables and a waiting list early in the afternoon. When I left in the evening, the room was packed.

You can't seriously believe that the Nugget opening a room is going to have that big an impact on the Mirage. The Nugget is only going to be busy during the WSOP.

Clarkmeister
05-02-2004, 01:22 PM
"You can't seriously believe that the Nugget opening a room is going to have that big an impact on the Mirage. "

I think it could have a serious impact on their $20-40 and up holdem. I think the rest of the room will be fine.

Ulysses
05-02-2004, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was playing with one of you guys this afternoon in the Mirage 20-40 game.

[/ QUOTE ]

In addition to ruling at poker, Sucker and I are also both quite good at being in two states at the same time, so I guess it could have been either of us.

I'm easy to spot. I'll be the drunk Indian guy wearing a shiny shirt. Sucker, well, he'll be the really loud, excited, happy white guy who seems drunk but may or may not be.

PokerBabe(aka)
05-02-2004, 03:06 PM
Hi Barry- the Babe's Best Boys tournament is on May 14th. Sucker will not be here for the tourney, so he's gotta play on Friday.

See you soon.

Babe /images/graemlins/heart.gif

PokerBabe(aka)
05-02-2004, 03:19 PM
I agree with D 100% on this one Clark. The Nugget's mid-high limit action is due solely to the WSOP. Low limit play will continue at the Nugget, but I doubt that the 20-40 game will survive after the series is over.

/images/graemlins/heart.gif

haakee
05-04-2004, 10:01 PM
Um, that must've been me in seat 6 on Saturday. Was that the game with the preflop-ubermaniac from Boston in it in the ten seat for a little while? If it wasn't me it was bad beetz, I don't remember which table is table 2, but I was in seat 6 on one of the tables and he was in seat 6 on the other.

SinCityGuy
05-04-2004, 10:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Never fear, they are spreading 20-40 at both the Shoe and the Nugget too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played 20/40 at the Nugget last Saturday night from 8:00 to 11:00. There were two games going. I immediately got into the "must move" and it broke up in 30 minutes. There were open seats in the other game, so I jumped in, and it was never more than eight-handed.

This may have just been an anomaly, but it was very strange to see a room that deserted on a Saturday night.

Ulysses
05-06-2004, 10:51 PM
Just talked to the Sucker who at this moment is downtown hangin' w/ ol' C-Money (that's what the kids call Chris Moneymaker). Just finished some Balvenie 12yo DoubleWood, getting ready to head to the airport. Will do my best to bust Clarkmeister tomorrow night, but if he gets me in a limit game I'm sure I'll be heading to the ATM. Life is pretty good. Trip report to follow.