PDA

View Full Version : I scared off a weak fish!

04-11-2002, 04:55 PM
Playing 5-10 holdem at the Bellagio. A wacky player in EP raises. All fold to me. I have AQ off on button. I decide to take a peak at the flop and call. Just us two see the flop. Flop comes 10 2 2, two diamonds. I decide I'm done with the hand if he bets, but he checks. I check behind. A King of clubs comes on the turn. Now I've got a gutshot, but am still going to fold if he bets. He thinks a long time, for like five minutes, until the floor manager is called and everyone is real pissed off, and yelling at him. He finally checks. I check, too, getting a feeling something strange is going on. The river comes a jack, just like magic. I have my straight. He checks real quick. I bet. He thinks for another five minutes until the room is in a frenzy, and people are this close to kicking him in the head. He finally only calls. I show my straight and the dealer starts to impatiently push the pot towards me. The wacky player turns over 2 2's for the flopped quads. The whole table erupts into furious laughter. I laugh so hard I flip the table over accidently and pin one of the players underneath. The mania spreads through the whole card until no one is playing cards, everyone is gasping and laughing and falling over. The floor manager calls the police and the paramedics. "What the hell were you thinking?" I scream into the wacky player's face.

His face is red from the humiliation, and I can barely hear him over the craziness as he whispers back, "I didn't want to scare you off". Then he grabs his chips and runs away into the blackjack section. Guy next to me turns and tells me, "Great, you idiot. You just scared off a beautiful fish!" But it was just so funny.

04-11-2002, 05:12 PM
HEY BORING STORY TELLER,

JOEY'S THRONE ROOM, THE BELLAGIO, DOESN'T SPREAD 5-10 HOLD'EM. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT. THAT WAS A 4-8 GAME. AND, I DON'T APPRECIATE HAVING THAT TABLE PINNED ON TOP OF ME. MANY BAD THINGS HAPPENED TO ME WHILE I WAS TRAPPED UNDERNEATH IT. SEE YA AND WOULDN'T WANT TO BE YA, YOU FAT HUMPS.

04-11-2002, 05:26 PM
Sorry. I was confused. It was years ago. Good to see you back in action. Thought that table damn near killed you.

04-11-2002, 08:52 PM
you said you were gonna fold right? up until the river, right? well, he got an extra bet out of you...

04-11-2002, 11:14 PM
At least Joey is amusing; Jen, you're just a fucking retard.

04-12-2002, 08:21 AM
Jen must be awfully cute to get a guy that riled up.

And she plays poker.

Baggins, stand aside she's mine.

eLROY

P.S. Though she did get outplayed.

04-12-2002, 02:56 PM

04-12-2002, 03:51 PM

04-12-2002, 06:49 PM
i've got my own interests to worry about here in chicago. godspeed...

04-12-2002, 08:52 PM
"a" is not me if you might be guessing that. I have no more gripe with you. I respect you for not getting into a verbal war with me in that other thread. Truce. I may get ripped for this as i'm being nice and you with your cynical humor might pounce on that lol. And again it may be funny if you did. But....

04-14-2002, 12:21 PM
Um, I hate to burst your bubble, but the Bellagio does not spread 5-10 Holdem.

04-14-2002, 02:47 PM

04-15-2002, 11:09 AM
You have to assume CardNut would not have made this post if he had read JOEY's post first.

And you would have to assume the only reason he would read Jen's post before Joey's post, is because Joey's headline implied the context of Jen's post was important to fully enjoy his post.

So, a rational forum browser would have read Jen's post only with the purpose not of responding, but of immediately thereafter reading JOEY's post.

So either,

A) CardNut is a nut (unlikely), or

B) CardNut knows something we don't, that Jen and JOEY are secretly the same poster.

eLROY

04-15-2002, 11:54 AM
eLROY, I'm sure you're always looking for a new conspiracy, but I hate to disappoint you. I think JOEY would be insulted at people comparing his sophisticated humor to my weak attempts at replication. Due to your post, I will never again play poker. Thank you for your time.

-Jen

04-15-2002, 12:02 PM
So you want a war, do you? You lifeless idiotic hump!! If it's a war you want, it's a war you'll get! From everything you write, you sound like a spineless, weak-tight, nonplaying mope!!! Every time I see your posts, I will rip them to shreds, so you might as well never post here again! You think I'm kiddding? You're in big trouble, mister. Better not play poker again either ever again! If I see you at the table, I'll flip the table over and crush you under it, you little obsessive posting punk.

-Jen

04-15-2002, 12:03 PM

04-15-2002, 12:54 PM

04-16-2002, 01:05 PM
You forgot 'C'.

I read all the posts, know of course that they are a joke, and was adding to it in a round-about sort of way. Guess you didn't take the time to see that.

Sorry if I offended you.