PDA

View Full Version : No guts to 3 bet the Kings I am now Weak-Tight

CardCuda
04-30-2004, 05:29 PM
3rd hand into the session. And looky what I got. Since I just did a poll similar to this hand, thought I'd post it.

No reads except UTG+1 (played him before) he's pretty solid. CO no Idea have noticed that he has been in every hand so far (blinds and button) so nothin really.

And yes I failed to test my theory and 3 bet the flop, and yes I'm a weak-tight calling station (at least this hand). /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="red">CO Raises,</font> UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

Is my hand good? Does he have the Ace? Results Later.

sin808
04-30-2004, 06:01 PM
given the mono flop and the A I would've played it the same way. Whether it's weak-tight or not, I've been burned most of the time I've been aggressive with a hand like that.

Ed Miller
04-30-2004, 06:32 PM
3-betting this flop is just silly.

bakku
04-30-2004, 06:51 PM
I don't understand why you would even think about 3-betting the flop on this monotone ace high board?

blackaces13
04-30-2004, 06:55 PM
That flop is horrid. You shouldn't feel obligated to 3 bet a flop simply because you had KK preflop. I hope he had either K /images/graemlins/spade.gif Qo or QQ but if not I think you're toast. Or, he could be a total maniac and just trying to muscle you out which is actually quite likely.

Chris Daddy Cool
04-30-2004, 07:00 PM
I'm assuming you're posting this cuz you won the hand but felt like you shoulda got more bets in.

3betting this board is crazy unless you're up against an Asslicker

of course if you had the K /images/graemlins/spade.gif it'd be a different story.

CardCuda
04-30-2004, 07:06 PM
That's why I posted the hand. I think the below results happen more than we think at these limits. Or Am I just dreaming?

CO showed J /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif and MHIG.

Yes another "great play" or attempted steal or attempt to push out a better hand.....and nearly succeeded 'cause I actually thought about folding.

But how many bets did I miss here??? What would he of done if I 3 bet the flop? Fold? re-raised? Keep tryin to push me off the pot??

With no reads on the oppononent and he doesn't have a read on me. Was 3 betting the flop silly?

And also if the results were different say he had the Ace or flopped the flush I wouldn't even be posting or discussing the hand cause "that's to be expected" or is it???

jeffseib
04-30-2004, 07:24 PM
PF: CO raises and calls cap
Probable hands: AA, KK (unlikely), QQ, AK, AQ, AJs. If he had just called, you could put him on more hands like JTs, KQs etc.

Flop: you bet and CO raises! Opps! The guy either hit a flush draw, or more likely he paired A. Either way you are beat. This is a good time to drop; save a couple of BB.

You didn't have a read on the guy, so folding is best. If you know the guy was a habitual bluffer, then raising the flop and betting the turn, might be the best play.

bakku
04-30-2004, 07:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But how many bets did I miss here???

[/ QUOTE ]

None because you'd be crazy to 3-bet the flop

[ QUOTE ]
What would he of done if I 3 bet the flop? Fold? re-raised? Keep tryin to push me off the pot??

[/ QUOTE ]

There's only one way to find out..and I'd rather not find out

[ QUOTE ]
With no reads on the oppononent and he doesn't have a read on me. Was 3 betting the flop silly?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, very much so /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ralph Wiggum
04-30-2004, 07:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The guy either hit a flush draw, or more likely he paired A. Either way you are beat.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why is an Ace more likely? How is he beat if the guy is on a flush draw?

CardCuda
04-30-2004, 07:39 PM
I don't understand why you'd even consider 3 betting this monotone, Ace high flop

Simply put....to take a legit aggressive shot at this pot!

Call me crazy, insane or foolish. But this has been bugging the crap out of me lately. And I've seen it quite a bit, no ace, 2nd pair drags the pot, missed flush high card Q drags the pot, etc.... And all because of what?... the Ace - monotone board fell?

I think this is a great debatable subject...oops the Ace fell check, fold to a raise, bet fold to a raise, bet and call all the way just to see....etc....but no don't ever take an aggressive (maybe over-aggressive) shot at the pot.

Explain that too me??? Why represent K's and Q's etc....and not Aces or someother legit capping hand???

Is it cause we fear the Lone Ace? Fear the flush? Monsters under the bed? Am I making any sense here?

Blindfolk
04-30-2004, 08:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[b]
Is it cause we fear the Lone Ace? Fear the flush? Monsters under the bed? Am I making any sense here?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's because in a new game with no reads, it is probably better to be cautious and wary of the ace in circumstances like this (re-raise PF and re-raise on flop when ace hits). 8-handed, someone probably has the ace and most Party Poker players don't fold Ax.