PDA

View Full Version : QQ river set no raise

Schneids
04-30-2004, 04:48 PM
SB has made some quirky check raises into a field of callers before against PFR raises, usually with bottom pair. Plays somewhat aggressively, a majority of the time. Button is a calling station.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: The Schneids is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="CC3333">The Schneids raises</font>, MP folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">The Schneids bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">The Schneids bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">The Schneids 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">SB caps</font>, The Schneids calls, Button calls.

River: (17.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, The Schneids calls

naphand
04-30-2004, 04:57 PM
I think I just call here too.

You could be against a flopped straight, or a straight draw that picked up a flush draw on the Turn. Sure as hell looks like he wants to 3-bet you on the River, so I think I give him credit for a hand and hope it's an under-set (2-pair is possible from your description, and he is using the 3rd suit for some leverage, but surely he cannot expect you to fold this now?). Too much trouble on this board to keep going at him, quirky raises or not.

Little Fishy
04-30-2004, 05:45 PM
I wouldn't be to worried about the button having you beat. if he had a pat flush he would have capped on the turn when both you and SB showed agression.

SB didn't bet or raise on the flop but did on the turn when a 4 hit, he might have low connectors, either giving him a pair of fours or even an 8 high strait. SB also seems like the type of player who might play Ax, and so he might have fours with an overcard.

I like your bet and raise on 4th to keep out any draws, but I think you should have raised on the end as well (unless the button is insanly agro and likes to bluff.) The button might call your raise, SB almost deffinitly would, and SB might even reraise you with crap putting even more bets in the pot.

It is possible that either SB or the Button has a strait draw that turned flush, but it seems pretty unlikely for that to happen. I would raise on the end and try to get as much out of them as possible.

What did Button do on the end, and how did the showdown play out?

Requeim
04-30-2004, 05:48 PM
I'd go for the overcall on the river.

1800GAMBLER
05-01-2004, 08:49 AM
I'd raise. The players who c/rs bottom pairs on the flop will cap 2 pair on the turn. I'd also expect the button to fold his single 9 a lot of the time here if i call.

Schneids
05-01-2004, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd raise. The players who c/rs bottom pairs on the flop will cap 2 pair on the turn. I'd also expect the button to fold his single 9 a lot of the time here if i call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good call.

Button folded, I was shown 87o and flopped two pair, and my QQQ takes the pot.

My reason for calling was because I would really hate a 3-bet, and I figured it was very possible the button would overcall with any decent pair. So, a raise would have only been called/raised by the button when he has a straight or flush, and I would put in 3-bets when the blind has a hand that beats mine.

I think a raise is slightly better because of the reasons Jay mentioned.

Ulysses
05-01-2004, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My reason for calling was because I would really hate a 3-bet

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't like this reason. You shouldn't hate a 3-bet w/ QQQ in this hand. AA, yeah, I agree.

[ QUOTE ]
I figured it was very possible the button would overcall with any decent pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's reasonable, but I think a raise is still better.