PDA

View Full Version : ATs vs loose raiser - flopped nut straight

joker122
04-30-2004, 03:47 PM
A few hands earlier MP2 raised KJo from EP, I 3 bet him with AKo. That time he didn't cap, this time he did. He also tends to overplay his hands a little post flop. He definatly doesn't qualify as a "maniac" though.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (14.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
MP2 shows Ks Jh (two pair, kings and queens).
Hero shows Tc Ac (straight, ace high).
Outcome: Hero wins 16.25 BB. </font>

The purpose of the 3bet pf was isolation. Too aggressive? Also, I didn't cap the flop for deception purposes. Who puts in another raise somewhere? Who puts in less raises?

joker122
04-30-2004, 05:06 PM

Chris Daddy Cool
04-30-2004, 05:13 PM
Also, I didn't cap the flop for deception purposes.

What for? He capped preflop and this flop probably hit him and he's going to bet out on the turn anyways.

As for the rest of the hand. I think I play it the same way. Damn scare turn. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

LAGmaniac
04-30-2004, 10:21 PM
I think you played it just fine. If you capped on the flop I think he still might bet out when the Queen hit, but he probably wouldn't three bet you, and then he would just call it own so it might actually cost you 1 sb.
I can't see anywhere else you can raise, nice hand.

Crumpled Ear
04-30-2004, 11:35 PM
I'm for capping the flop. No need for deception. I think he's got something and will keep on going. I like the rest of your play. If he's a maniac I'm reraising the whole way.