PDA

View Full Version : I flopped on open ended straight flush draw!!!

Zetack
04-30-2004, 02:05 PM
Ok, there's nothing particularly remarkable about the play of this hand I think (although if you have any thoughts, please share them) but I was just excited to flop an open ended straight flush draw (I've had two straight flushes in my poker career--one of em a royal).

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG bets, MP1 calls, Hero calls, SB raises, BB folds, UTG calls, MP1 3-bets, Hero calls, SB caps, UTG calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB bets, UTG calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (14.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets, SB calls, UTG folds, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 17.50 BB

And check out the huge hands these guys flopped:

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows Ac Qs (straight, ace high).
MP1 shows Ts Td (three of a kind, tens).
Hero shows 8h 9h (flush, jack high).
Outcome: Hero wins 17.50 BB. </font>

--Zetack

chief444
04-30-2004, 02:22 PM
Nice hand. Only comment I have is that I think you should have been the one raising the flop. You have 12 outs that I would consider clean at that point (even though they all weren't). There was no pf raise so it was unlikely that you were against A-Q or trips (even though results show you were against both /images/graemlins/confused.gif).

Nice table selection by the looks of things. /images/graemlins/smile.gif