PDA

View Full Version : WSOP $1000 NL Hold'em final table last night

WinBig
04-30-2004, 10:19 AM
An amateur from Spokane, WA wha has been playing poker for 6 months won the WSOP $1000 No Limit Hold'em w/rebuy event last night. The guy's name is Gerry Drehobl and he must have won a seat in a single or multi-table satellite because he did not rebuy or add-on. It did say one of the pros at the final table rebought 27 times! Is that considered +EV? I guess it was since he covered his buy-in.

The final five players were Daniel Negreanu, John Juanda, Paul Phillips, Mike Matusow and the amateur. I would guess not too many people thought the amateur had much of a chance at winning. Phillips knocked Matusow out in 5th but then Drebohl knocked Phillips out with pocket Q's vs pocket 8's. Drebohl also took out Negreanu, who had over half the chips on the table with five players left. It didn't say how the tourney ended but I'm guessing the amateur just played solid poker since I doubt he would have a lot of heads-up experience, especially against top pros. The ESPN coverage of this final table should be worth watching.