View Full Version : Party PL50 hand

Scottnyce
04-30-2004, 09:57 AM
A hand from last night.....

Pot Limit on Party

You have $55, LP has $44, BB has $66.

UTG J /images/graemlins/club.gif10 /images/graemlins/club.gif
You raise Pot. ($3.50)

Late postion player calls. BB calls. ($11 in pot)

Flop Q /images/graemlins/club.gif-K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif-4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif (suits unimportant)

BB checks, you bet $5. Both players call. ($26 in pot)

Turn 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB Checks, you bet $10, LP folds, BB calls. ($46 in pot)

River K /images/graemlins/heart.gif

A) BB Bets out $15......your play?

B) Also what is the play if BB checks? How much do you bet?

C) And finally what is your play if check raises your bet in part B?

Results to follow

***FOLD PRE FLOP, I know, I know....*****

Scottnyce
04-30-2004, 02:59 PM
Bump

deacsoft
04-30-2004, 03:53 PM
You said it yourself... fold preflop. I'm not sure why I see so many hands posted where people got themselves in to a tough call/position because they decided to play a hand that they know they shouldn't. It's so sad. But since you didn't fold...

A)I should raise but I might just call. The only thing I realy have to fear is the boat. I have him on, what seems obvious, trip kings. A raise of another $15 might get him to call even if you do have him beaten. He most likely hasn't put you on a J-T because most players would FOLD IT PREFLOP FROM UTG.

B)If he checks you could check too because as they do say, "you'll only get called with a better hand". However, I'm still thinking I'm good here so the bet would not depend on how much I want to bet, but rather, how much will he call? Since I was not there and you were; you should bet what you think he will call. An idea of this should be formed from his past plays and calls on the table.

C)If he check raised I call him for probably whatever he bet, or I would reraise all of my remaining chips. It is not inconceivable for him to have K-Q but it is unlikely. If he out drew me on the river I'll simply pay him off. I'll show him what was the nuts and just how slim he was drawing.

Richie Rich
04-30-2004, 03:57 PM
I think you're seeing monsters...

A) if he bet 15 into a 46 pot on the river, that's nothing to be worried about. I'd easily call, and would even be tempted to raise.

B) if BB checked on the river, I would make a value bet of 15.

C) depends on how big the check-raise is. if it's all-in, then I'd be worried that he has the boat. Otherwise, I'm most likely going to call.

BTW- you've been betting the hand -- from preflop to the river -- like you've got AQ, maybe AK (played weakly)...I don't think your opponents could put you on J10. I'm almost certain you won this hand.

Guy McSucker
04-30-2004, 04:34 PM
I can't understand the way you played this hand at all.

If you're going to get out of line and inflate the pot with a drawing hand preflop, surely the reason you do it is that you can either steal the pot on the flop or win a big pot when you hit your hand.

The flop looks like it hit a raising hand. Bet the pot. Give yourself half a chance to take it down uncontested.

The turn gives you the nuts. Bet the pot. You are now all-in and don't have to worry about how to play the river.

But since you didn't and we're here now... BB has shown no aggression to date. You have only $35 left, well under the size of the pot. If you're going to second guess yourself and meekly call, or bet small, or fold to a check-raise, you had no business betting half the pot earlier. Put all the money in.

You will get paid off by trip kings, by two-pair hands which cleverly convince themselves you can't have trips for your betting, and by all sorts of other assorted rubbish because this is Party Poker.

Guy.

Scottnyce
04-30-2004, 04:34 PM
He Bet out the $15 as I said in part A, I just called.

He showed 99 for the Runner-Runner Boat.

Scottnyce
04-30-2004, 04:36 PM
The more I look back and read some responses I see how badly I butchered this hand....and here i thought the river was the biggest question mark......f-me

thanks for the responses....feel free to tear me up

crockpot
04-30-2004, 07:16 PM
i agree with all the content in this post but want to add that you shouldn't be folding this preflop assuming there's a decent amount of money on the table. i would usually limp rather than raise, but this is a decent raise both to vary your game and take advantage of your position.

also, the turn creates a lot of possible draws for hands that opponents will call raises with. don't be nice and give them those draws cheaply. to win big in these games you have to force your opponents to make big mistakes. betting small hoping to get raised won't work against typical opponents because they usually require a better hand to raise than to call a huge bet.