PDA

View Full Version : never thought it would happen to me...on the bubble

boedeker
04-30-2004, 09:38 AM
last night on party poker's qualifier for the wsop. i decided i was going to rock it out and did quickly tripling up with KK. An hour later Im 2.9k over the average and feeling good. Then tragety strikes couldnt get away from top pair and ran right smack into a set. I was below the average and sinking fast.

I tighten up and eat a few bb until I'm dealt AA and double up. I double up a few more times during the next hour and a half until im about on the average with 40 people till the trip. I steal here and there, just enough to get by and next thing i know there are 20 till the trip.

Blinds are getting big and I'm feeling anxious and put a move on a guy. I play it perfectly, but tragety strikes again! He makes a remarkable call for his chips with AJ v. my A8 next thing i know i dont even have enough for the bb but find a way to double through 3 times till im back on average.

a few hours later we are down to 2 tables and 5 till the trip. i hang on for dear life and next thing i know 1 till the trip very short stack makes a move with A2 two large stacks call in hopes of the kill but neither with a 2 and he snags it.

so its time for my blinds and they eat over half my stack. i think i might still be ok because there are three people about to hit their blinds and they barely have enough to cover and to my dismay i am dealt KK in my small blind. all fold until button makes a move, and i call reluctantly. he as AA game over. no 12k trip to vegas. merely a $3.5k booby prize.

dreamnt about all ins all last night.

MrDannimal
04-30-2004, 09:46 AM
Well, you could spend $500 on a flight to Vegas, pay out of pocket for a hotel, and play 3 - $1,000 Satellites (10 seater), kick ass and get in that way. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

That's rough, though.