PDA

View Full Version : New approach for religious solicitation?

bernie
04-29-2004, 09:40 PM
Coming out of an apt. managers office after dropping off some stuff, a lady had just pulled up and came up to me with a pleasant smile. Right off she asked me if i had 'trouble sleeping'.

Hmmm...odd question from a stranger. If she was hot, i mightve gave her a nice lewd answer to mull over.

I said no. Somehow it got around to her handing me a pamphlet. As she was handing me it, i noticed the name on it and my skin started to crawl. It was an 'Awake!' magazine. The thought of even touching this thing disgusted me. But, ok, i know the question is coming.

THEN she asked the religious solicitation question, to which i forced a smile, looked her right in the eye, and firmly said, 'I'm not interested.' while holding my gaze on her eyes to emphasize my point.

She actually was gracious in releasing me from further sales pitch. Which i kind of found refreshing. Usually these idiots will keep going trying to convert you to which then i get to load both barrels. (some good stories about those encounters) I wasnt really in the mood at this time to do that which is another reason i liked her abandoning her sales pitch. She also did it rather pleasantly, which i thought was cool.

Ive never heard a lead in to a religious sales pitch from that angle. Gotta give her some points on the creativity i guess.

b

daryn
04-29-2004, 10:07 PM
i just hate people handing out anything. like mitch hedberg says, "when someone hands you a flier, it's like they're saying, 'here, you throw this away'".

this one broad handed me some junk while i was in a conversation with someone. it caught me offguard so i instantly just grabbed it, and threw it away a second later. then when i had finished talking and turned around to head back out of this place, the same broad tries to hand me the same flier again. i just gave her a simple, "nah, i'm all set".

but no, she had to persist. she even went as far as to say, "just take the damn flier!!" i told her i already got one, and might have added something in there like, you dumb bitch something something. but i got her...

5 minutes later i went back into the same place, she hands me the flier, and i proceed to crumple it up and throw it in her face. i felt like a champion!

i'm a nice guy, really.