PDA

View Full Version : AJo on flush board

Saborion
04-29-2004, 06:44 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, BB calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, BB calls.

River: (12.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, BB folds.

Final Pot: 14.25 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 14.25 BB, between Hero and MP1.</font>

JohnShaft
04-29-2004, 07:07 PM
I can't even *think* of a different way to play this hand.

What am I missing Saborian? You obviously think there was *some* chance you misplayed the hand? But I ain't seeing how this one doesn't COMPLETELY play itself.

James Boston
04-29-2004, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But I ain't seeing how this one doesn't COMPLETELY play itself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Why slow down when nobody's playing back at you?

Yeknom58
04-29-2004, 07:14 PM
I'm with shaft, what else were you suppose to do here? Maybe I'll check call the river if I have a few big bluffos on my left who will fold if I bet but I really can't see this being played any other way.

Saborion
04-29-2004, 07:46 PM
Well, I have a lot to learn, hence why I post hands I'm not sure about. In this hand, I'm very unsure about the river bet.

JohnShaft
04-29-2004, 07:52 PM
You have 3 opponents to collect bets from Sab. None of them have shown ANY postflop strength. No draw got there. You have the nut kicker for your top pair. You are unlikely to get raised unless someone has a very strong hand.
MP1 3-bet, but he didn't play it like an overpair postflop, and if that's what he's got his timidness would suggest he won't raise anyway.
A lot of times here you'll collect 2 bets, and very rarely someone will raise you and charge you two.
The pot is very big here, you have a hand that I'd say wins close to 80%. It's a clear value bet. If you get raised by a slowplayed big hand (or MP1's "waiting for the flush to miss" overpair) so be it. You'll collect enough bets often enough to make this a clear value bet becase the pot is so big a lot of people will call with very little.

You played it the only way you could play it, whether you won or lost.

Saborion
04-29-2004, 08:03 PM
Very true.
Reminds me of hand a while ago where I was up against 2 opponents, with what was VERY likely the best hand. I bet, got raised and 3-bet, and only called that 3-bet instead of capping. The thing was, I was only behind to 2 hands, and both were very unlikely. And if I were behind to one of them, I still had a few outs to beat him. The important thing here though, is that it was unlikely that I was behind, and I would be able to most likely collect at least 2 more big bets if I had raised instead of calling. If I'm behind, that doesn't matter that much since I had another opponent in the hand to make up for that, sort of.

Same thing applies here. If I can get 2 callers, then it wouldn't matter that much if I didn't have the winner or not. Not entierly true, but, you know what I mean.

I hope I can remember this a bit better next time. I seem to be one of those people that have to learn from previous experiences.

Eihli
04-29-2004, 09:49 PM
am i wrong if i fold this to a check-raise on any street against all but players i know as maniacs?

Saborion
04-29-2004, 11:46 PM
MP1 had pocket tens, with the T of spades.

My hand was good.