PDA

View Full Version : What is the highest level ABC play will succeed at (Party Poker)

Kaz The Original
04-29-2004, 06:35 PM
What $ level of SNG will ABC play win at? $10? $20? $30?

Thank you in advance.

William
04-29-2004, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Thank you in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again, somebody is asking for the magic formula to win. This time in a slightly disguised version. "I know wich hands to play, how far up the ladder do I find morons to beat that way?"

Well, once again, if you know your ABC of poker, that's good, but every tourney you enter will have different players, and what might work with some will fail with others. And even if you manage somehow to always play the same prople, they will eventually adjust their game to yours and you will get in trouble.

To answer your question as precisely as posible, if you only play premium hands , you will never be a loser, but the chances are that you will only be a small winner.

The key to succes, no matter at which level you play is to adapt to how others play. Understand why winners win and losers lose and adjust your game accordingly. But don't fall asleep. That will only work for a limited time, you must always be prepared to adjust your game again, and again, and again...
Poker is like everithing else, it keeps changing all the time...

William /images/graemlins/cool.gif

La Brujita
04-29-2004, 07:00 PM
To give you a slightly different answer, imo up to the $50 level, although I completely agree with W that every tourney is different and situation dependent.

eastbay
04-29-2004, 09:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Thank you in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Define "ABC" play.

I play in a pretty darn straightforward manner and beat the $50 game for about 30-40% ROI.

But one man's straightforward may be another's sophisticated, or vice-versa.

eastbay