PDA

View Full Version : lucky sod or good agressive play?

dfscott
04-29-2004, 06:04 PM
I know the semi-bluff isn't supposed to work at these limits, but it seems to be working for me to some degree. Or maybe I'm just lucky? You decide if this was good play or fishy. Both these tables are full of loose, mostly passive players.

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10.40 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls.

With this many people in, someone must've hit, right? I'm thinking the flush will let me know soon enough and I might be able to buy a free card at least. In any case, I can't let a single diamond draw for free.

Turn: (6.20 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Whaddya know -- free card. Should I have bet instead? In any cse, I decided to take my free card and fold to a bet if a diamond drops on the river.

River: (6.20 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Bingo!

Final Pot: 8.20 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 8.20 BB, between MP3 and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (8.20 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
MP3 shows 7h 5h (one pair, sevens).
Hero shows Ac Kh (one pair, kings).
Outcome: Hero wins 8.20 BB. </font>

Hand #2:
PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.05.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero (poster) raises</font>, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: 2.70 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 2.20 BB, won by Hero.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 0.50 BB, overbet by Hero.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
No showdown. Hero wins 2.70 BB. </font>

Not a lot to say here (I had missed my BB so that's why I was posting). Should this be folded in MP? Once I decided to play, I decided it was worth raising. I was happy with my 2.7BB. Anyone have other thoughts?

tech
04-29-2004, 06:17 PM
Hand 1: I routinely bet the flop there also once that many people have checked to me. But if I get raised, I'm done, because you have probably have four outs at best, drawing dead at worst. The other thing to consider is that a lot of players will wait until the turn to pop you if they flopped the flush.

Hand 2: Your play is fine, but I'd think strongly about finding another table unless this hand was just an anomaly.

Nak
04-29-2004, 07:54 PM
I love these plays. I just posted a hand where I use the freecard play. It seems to work extremely well for me.

Nak