PDA

View Full Version : Value bet on the river?

Nightwish
04-29-2004, 05:42 PM
The setting is typical Party 15/30. My main opponent is loose and plays roughly 40% of his hands, though not very aggressive.

Preflop, I decide not to raise because I'd rather keep the pot small. On the flop, I'm fairly certain that no one has an A with any sort of decent kicker because I would have heard about it preflop. After my opponent just calls me on the turn, I'm now fairly sure that he either doesn't have any A or has a real baby kicker. So, is this a value bet on the river or is it better to check and induce a bluff?

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

River: (6 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>

James Boston
04-29-2004, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Value bet on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if he folds. Otherwise, I don't see a hand that you can beat calling you.

rigoletto
04-29-2004, 07:16 PM
raise preflop!

Why checkraise the flop? You now represent the A and are forced to bluff bet the river in order to win the hand. Bet out on the flop and fold to a raise!