PDA

View Full Version : Anybody making this call?

unfrgvn
04-29-2004, 03:58 PM
From the show last night, 4 left. Antonio has QQ, opens the pot for 300,000. Next guy goes all in for 540,000 with A9, next guy folds and Vinny calls 540,000 with AJ. Now I know we get to see the cards before making this decision, but I was telling my wife there is no way I call. Of course Antonio pushes all in and Vinny has to fold. I thought Mike Sexton did a good job of explaining Vinnies probable thought process (Antonio is capable of making that bet with anything), but I would still get out of the way.

el_grande
04-29-2004, 05:33 PM
Normally I fold AJo in that spot but there is some reasoning to make a call. You've got Antonio who is very likely to be raising with a hand worse than AJo. Then you've got Gazes who went in so fast he appeared to be making a move on Antonio. That was probably his thought process.

Dynasty
04-29-2004, 07:46 PM
With a good read, I could go all-in. But, I'm not calling.

TimTimSalabim
04-29-2004, 08:04 PM
I don't think it's a horrible call. He figures Antonio might be making a move with any two, and he knows Gazes is figuring the same thing, so Gazes may not have a great hand in that spot (which ended up being true, he had A9). So he likes his odds playing headsup against Gazes, a smaller stack who cannot bust him. When Antonio raises all-in, now he knows Antonio has a monster, so he gets away from his AJ and moves up a spot in the prize money.