PDA

View Full Version : Now where did I put that brake?

DamnRiver
04-29-2004, 03:31 PM
Okay, I know I should have put the brake on, but where should I have put the brake on? I had him on AA PF but starting thinking AQ when he capped the flop...but then I couldn't find the brake.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, Hero calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Button folds, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls.

River: (16.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 18.25 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 18.25 BB, between MP2 and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP2 (18.25 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Qc Kd (three of a kind, queens).
MP2 shows Qd As (three of a kind, queens).
Outcome: MP2 wins 18.25 BB. </font>

tech
04-29-2004, 03:42 PM
PF: I might have raised first-in depending on the table conditions. But once I limp and get raised there, there is no way that I am going to 3-bet for fear of having a dominated hand.

Flop: I play it the same. But when he caps, he is telling me that he is not worried about another Q being out there.

Turn/River: Softie that I am /images/graemlins/smile.gif, I probably check/call the turn and river.

adanthar
04-29-2004, 03:52 PM
I think I'd put it on at around his turn raise.

Why'd you think he had AA PF?

ZootMurph
04-29-2004, 03:58 PM
I'd have check/called down after the flop betting... basically, I agree with what tech said.

afs
04-29-2004, 04:23 PM
Surely MP2 would cap preflop w/ AA???

Y'know, I'd probably play this pretty much same postflop, though it's probably wrong. I think the right thing to do is call the turn raise &amp; check/call the river. Maybe the flop cap is enough to tell you to check/call the rest of the way, but I have trouble taking a raise here seriously sometimes. I think a lot (well, a statistically significant portion) of party folk would play AK or A7s this way before the turn.

I don't really like the pf 3-bet. A re-raise seems likely, yr hand's not that great, position is crappy.