PDA

View Full Version : Always make sure you have enough to cap every street: Exhibit A

tech
04-29-2004, 03:31 PM
I know I played the flop weakly, but I was pretty confident in my read on UTG. Anyway, just ignore that /images/graemlins/smile.gif and take a gander at the way the hand played out.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls $2.50 (All-In), <font color="CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.75 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players, 1 all-in) </font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.37 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players, 1 all-in) </font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (8.37 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players, 1 all-in) </font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 10.37 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows Qh Qc (four of a kind, queens).
UTG shows As Ad (two pair, aces and queens).
Hero shows Kc Kh (full house, kings full of queens).
Outcome: Hero wins 6.75 BB. BB wins 3.62 BB. </font>

afs
04-29-2004, 03:51 PM
Man. I'd feel for the BB, but he did bring it on himself.

I've just started playing at paradise a bit, and it seems that a _lot_ of players will come to the .5/1 tables with two or three bucks. I'm pretty sure they have a one bet minimum buy in, which is just flat out obscene.

sfer
04-29-2004, 05:14 PM
Actually tech, I think you played this perfectly.

dfscott
04-29-2004, 05:35 PM
Unreal. I always buy in for 20BB and always make sure to top off whenever I drop below 10BB (probably should do it a little sooner, but if I take down a monster pot I threw 10 BB into, I won't cry about the few BB I might've lost by being short-stacked /images/graemlins/smile.gif).

bakku
04-29-2004, 05:39 PM
always have at least 12 BB in front of you. you never know when you might get to cap every street