PDA

View Full Version : Compare Paradise

KHALI
04-29-2004, 03:14 PM
I am a newbie who started playing poker during the Christmas break this year on Paradise because of the freerolls they ran as promotions to their new set up. I was lucky enough to win a few bucks which I have extended into around $300 without depositing cash. I play mostly the $5+1(I know bad deal with the juice) and sometimes $10+1 .
My question is how do you compare sites for single tables. I find that when it comes down to the money at Paradise the blinds are so constricting that it gives you little room to move and comes down to a game of bingo where it is a crap shoot between J9 and Q6 so many times(or something along those lines). Am I wrong in my feeling towards this or is it the nature of the game and maybe a player of my limited skill should be happy that luck plays such a big part at that point? Opinions? and if there are better sites for this style, why are they better? Thanks

Prickly Pete
04-29-2004, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I find that when it comes down to the money at Paradise the blinds are so constricting that it gives you little room to move and comes down to a game of bingo where it is a crap shoot between J9 and Q6 so many times(or something along those lines).

[/ QUOTE ]

Then don't move to Party. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

In order of most play for the money (i.e. starting stacks and blind escalation allow for more hands per tourney)

Stars
Ultimate Bet
Paradise
Party

Prima as I recall is similar to UB, don't know about others.