PDA

View Full Version : Was there any way to get out of this hand?

pokerraja
04-29-2004, 03:08 PM
this was in NL100 six-handed table. Table was fairly loose to this point. IM in BB ($120) with AQ clubs. It was folded to SB, who open raised to $10. I dont have much of a read on this player. To be quite honest, if anything i would have to say he was very tight player. when I sat down at table about an hour ago he had $70 and now he has $85. I thought maybe he was on a steal attempt, so I re-raise to $20 to get a feel for him. He just calls. the flop is (Qd, 5c, 9c). giving me top pair top kicker with nut flush draw. He checks, I then make a pot size bet of $40, He goes all-in with his remaining $65. I knew right then he was on AA or KK. I thought he was just trying to put a move on me pre-flop. But he obvioulsy has a big hand. Of course I call the remaining $25. the turn and river were of no help and he turns over KK to beat my pair of Queens. I think I make a very bad call pre-flop to not take his raise serioulsy. I really thought pre-flop i had the best hand. So do u think I could of got away from this hand? or would most good players loose money on this hand? thanks

Huskiez
04-29-2004, 03:21 PM
I don't like a min raise preflop. If you feel it is a steal, then raise it up to 25-30. If you think it might be legit you can just call and see a flop, or even fold, but I'm not sure if I would on what appears to be a steal.

On the flop, considering you were gonna call an all in on his part, you might as well have pushed in to put more pressure on him to call. I would definitely push on the flop, with so many outs in case you are a dog.

MVicuna
04-29-2004, 03:58 PM
Hi,

You said you knew he was a tight player. Tight players usually dont make steal attempts from the SB. If its just HU AQs is a nice hand with plenty of potential. I'd not raise him back. Just call and play the flop from there.

Everyone goes broke in this situation. TPTK with the nut flush draw they can't wait to get their chips in the middle.

Thanks,
MarkV.

tdomeski
04-29-2004, 10:51 PM
Pre Flop I may fold, blinds .50/1 or 1/2???? that definitely would change my decision. . If it's .50/1 he just raised 10 X the BB and he's a "tight" player, I'm folding. . 1/2 he just raised 5 X the BB and may be stealing. . in that case I defend and call then lose all my money after the flop, I think you have to go ahead and play this flop like you flopped a set and see if he can lay it down and if not get your money in when your hand is at its strongest. . .

pokerraja
04-30-2004, 02:16 PM
blinds are $1/$2. thanks for all the wonderful advice.

pilamsolo
04-30-2004, 03:43 PM
I would also tend to just call PF, but once you hit the flop like that I'm going broke every time too. That's poker.