PDA

View Full Version : Terrible beat to maniac on PP

HighRolla81
04-29-2004, 02:33 PM
Playing .25/50 NL on PP. I am the chip leader at a 6 person table by a large margin. I have approximately $40, while every one else is around $10, and maniac has $34.

Maniac is to my left, I hold A-9 in SB and raise 3X BB (1.50). Everyone at table folds, except of course for the maniac who calls. Flop comes A-9-2. Good i flop top two pair. I bet 2X BB (1.00), maniac calls. Turn comes J, I bet another $2 dollars, maniac of course calls. River comes 4, I bet another $2, and maniac goes over the top for $28. I call thinking no way he played this hand with a 3-5 and that he is trying to steal the pot. Sure enough he has the 3-5 and takes it down.

What did I do wrong. I thought I played it aggressively enough to where he would not draw on his inside straight draw. His comments after he saw me call were "idiot i have the flush", so apparently he didnt even know what hand he had. Was I wrong to assume that he would not be playing a 3-5 in a raised pot? Did I slow play the hand too much after the flop?

Thanks for your help

NotMitch
04-29-2004, 03:15 PM
You gave him odds (pot and implied) to chase a gut shot. But I think the guys in the PL/NL can offer better advice than I, you might want to post this there.