PDA

View Full Version : TPTK, monotone flop

Rico Suave
04-29-2004, 02:25 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, Hero ????

What is my play here, and if I am continuing, what is my plan for the rest of the hand?

Of couse, if I already messed up by raising the flop, you can comment on that too. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

--Rico

btspider
04-29-2004, 02:44 PM
I like the flop raise, a fold is premature and a call tells you nothing. Until you are told otherwise, you have to believe your hand is good. The 3-bet is a bit scary. I think its a bit weak-tight to put him on the flush/set and fold here. I might cap it and fold if he still leads on the turn or just call down (barring a 4th club) an unknown opponent and take notes.

I've had a bad run on single suit flops, so I'm interested to see some more comments.

JohnShaft
04-29-2004, 03:47 PM
Okay, tough spot. Let's try and apply some logic too it though.

Unfortunately you know nothing about UTG2, but we'll assume he's typical, which will put him slightly on the side of LAG in Party 2/4 I'd think.

He open limps and calls your raise.
Let's pin down some hands (that beat you)
AA - If he limped, he'd 3 bet. *Very* unlikely.
QQ - He'd open raise. Very unlikely.
33 - Well possible if he's over loose.
AQ - Possible. Might be open raised, but might not.
A3 - These games, certainly possible, and likely limp/call.

Flush - Here's the thing. Look at the board. It has a Queen, and more importantly an Ace. This distinctly reduces the chance he has the Flush, and *really* reduces the chance if he isn't that loose. There aren't too many loose flush combos you can put him on here. And even 'good' ones like KJs are too loose.

So I don't think there's as much a chance your beat here as it looks like. And if you are I think you are more probably drawing live to something like A3/AQ than anything. He could have as little as the K of Clubs (maybe with a pair).
So NO WAY IN HELL AM I FOLDING (unless maybe a Club hits the Turn).

I cap the Flop, or if I don't I may well raise a non Club Turn.
It would really have helped you out here if you knew if he was loose enough to have a loose flush combo. Against a good player here it is really hard to be behind.

adanthar
04-29-2004, 04:18 PM
Right now, I'm playing with 1 person against whom I would cap the flop, turn, and probably raise the river barring a fourth club. At the same table, there are two or three others who would make this a check/call and one any two suited straightforward guy who makes this a probable fold.

It really depends on your read, but in the absence of one/with no fourth club, I call down.

Rico Suave
04-29-2004, 04:40 PM
I agree that have some kind of a read would help with my decision making process, but unfortunately, this was my opponent's first orbit, I had no notes on him, and I was playing a couple of tables. (I was also holding my newborn daughter, so I was not concentrating on the game as fully as I should /images/graemlins/grin.gif )

Anyway the rest of the hand played out like so:
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
UTG+2 checks, Hero checks.

River: (8.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 10.25 BB, between UTG+2 and Hero.</font>

--Rico

Kluddeludde
04-29-2004, 05:13 PM
I like it.

Kludde