PDA

View Full Version : QQ gets it's butt kicked

flexus
04-29-2004, 02:09 PM
Ladbrokes Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Hero is UTH with Q /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
preflop: Hero raises, UTG+2 calls, all MPs folds, button calls, sb calls, bb calls

flop: (8SB) 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (4 players)
BB checks, Hero bets, UTG+2 calls, button calls, BB folds

turn: (11SB) 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif (3 players)
Hero bets, UTG+2 raises, button folds, Hero calls.

Fold here? I think this looks very slowplayed-three-of-a-kind-ish.

river: (9.5 BB) 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 players)
Hero checks, UTG+2 bets, Hero calls.

UTG+2 took it with his three eights.

My question on this one to more experienced micro players is: Should I fold to the turn raise?

I cant think of any hand that I can beat that would raise me there. Is this player-dependent? if so, what should one do without a read on the player?

thanks in advance for any comments, thoughts and responses

ZootMurph
04-29-2004, 02:22 PM
I don't see how you can fold it. I'd call it down just where you did.

Doesn't mean it is the right play, but you have an overpair and 2 8s came up. Hard to be afraid of that to the point where I'd fold.

chief444
04-29-2004, 02:37 PM
I would normally call down with no read on the opponent. You only need to be good at showdown about 1 in 4 or 5 times (assuming you call one more on the river). I would expect this to be the case.

DoctorDrew
04-29-2004, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this looks very slowplayed-three-of-a-kind-ish.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is standard trips play, IMO. I tend to not slowplay sets, because they are hidden better.

[ QUOTE ]

My question on this one to more experienced micro players is: Should I fold to the turn raise?

I cant think of any hand that I can beat that would raise me there. Is this player-dependent? if so, what should one do without a read on the player?

thanks in advance for any comments, thoughts and responses

[/ QUOTE ]

Because of what I said above, I really don't think a fold is a bad play here. I would call him down, but what are the odds you are going to take this pot without your 2 outs?