PDA

View Full Version : How much action in these two hands?

Ulysses
04-29-2004, 02:07 PM
What do you do on the river? Who gives more action before the river?

Hand 1

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

I'm new to this table. In my brief time, I've noticed MP to be horrible and aggro and CO is pretty bad. No read on the button.

Preflop: akshawnd is UTG with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
akshawnd raises, MP 3-bets, CO calls, Button caps, SB folds, BB folds, akshawnd calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (17.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
akshawnd checks, MP checks, CO bets, Button raises, akshawnd calls, MP folds, CO calls.

Turn: (11.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
akshawnd checks, CO checks, Button bets, akshawnd calls, CO calls.

River: (14.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
akshawnd ???

Final Pot: 14.75 BB

Hand 2

I'm new to this table as well. I haven't seen my opponent here get out of line in the brief time I've been here.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: akshawnd is UTG with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
akshawnd raises, MP folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: (5 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
SB bets, akshawnd raises, SB 3-bets, akshawnd calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
SB bets, akshawnd calls.

River: (7.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
SB bets, akshawnd ???

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

Nick B.
04-29-2004, 02:16 PM
In hand two, I would probably just call the river. The reason for this is that I don't think he will call the raise enough when you are ahead that he will reraise when you are behind. (wow, i suck at the english language) Most opponents I feel will bet out with a draw headsup and go for a c/r with a pair. This makes me think that the spade on the turn helped him, or maybe he flopped a straight. I would probably just call, knowing that I don't really want to get threebet, but my aggression factor is not as high as yours or most people on the forum (1.9 is mine) so it probably isn't what most people would do.

Nate tha' Great
04-29-2004, 02:24 PM
I don't get your line in Hand 1. It's one of those spots where, if you're ahead, there are lots of cards that could come to let someone draw out on you, and if you're behind, it could get very expensive.

My default line would be to bet out on the flop and hope that aggro raises you to get it heads up. If that's what happened, then I'd 3-bet. If he caps, I'd call it down the rest of the way without improvement.

OTOH, if the action goes bet-raise-3bet then I'm perfectly willing to fold.

In hand two, I think I still just call on the river. The only hands that you're ahead of now that you weren't ahead of before are AA and Q9 and I think both of those are somewhat unlikely. The presence of a second king on the board makes it somewhat less likely that he's overplaying a K with a weaker kicker too.

jujujaja34
04-29-2004, 02:41 PM
Ulysses,

Hand 1:

Everything prior to the river is exactly how I'd play it, so looks good there. I don't think theres really a choice on the river. With a pot that big nobody if folding any piece of anything, so I'm checking and hoping it gets checked through. I'm easily calling 1 bet on the river.

Hand 2:

I'm just calling the river versus a relatively unknown opponent. Very close though. If I can't fold to a 3-bet I'm just calling in this spot.

jujujaja34