View Full Version : Return of the losing session, HELP!

nykenny
04-29-2004, 02:06 PM
I lost after many hours of intense struggling last nite. This happened online. Do you have similar experience? All sympothy will be highly appreciated.

I am still dwelling on the misery. and i think i need someone to tell me everything is gonna be OK. i could use a little encouragement like "go get them!" or "you can do it!" or "don't feel bad, it happens to everyone, and it's no big deal".

thanks in advance.

Kenny

Diplomat
04-29-2004, 02:47 PM
You suck Kenny. Do you see why?

Best wishes,

-Diplomat

/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

bisonbison
04-29-2004, 02:50 PM
It's all downhill from here, buddy.

CrackerZack
04-29-2004, 02:52 PM
If you limp PF with your big hands, you'll lose less when they're cracked.

Ulysses
04-29-2004, 02:59 PM
Are you for real? If you're being serious, Kenny, this is among the dumbest posts I've ever seen here and shows a complete and utter lack of understanding of the game. How many sessions in a row did you win prior to this loss?

1800GAMBLER
04-29-2004, 03:02 PM
Done anything to piss off the poker site lately?

Rico Suave
04-29-2004, 03:03 PM
It looks like a classic case of cashing out.

--Rico

Pipedream
04-29-2004, 03:03 PM
Dude, I've have losing runs Ripley's can't believe. Relax and get used to it.

Pipedream

J.A.Sucker
04-29-2004, 03:10 PM
If you're being serious, grow up or go broke.

mosch
04-29-2004, 03:11 PM
If losing streaks bother you, I suggest playing a game with lower variance. Perhaps Stud/8, PLO High or Mousetrap (http://www.hasbro.com/pl/page.viewproduct/product_id.9461/dn/games/default.cfm) is the game for you.

davidross
04-29-2004, 04:16 PM
Kenny,

You clearly don't have what it takes to win at this game. Good players never lose, there are obviously holes in your game.

I think you should by a book about Bingo and try that one.

jdl22
04-29-2004, 04:20 PM
Play roulette. Cleary +EV gambling isn't possible for you so you may as well take a less negative EV gamble than you are taking now playing poker. Plus there isn't much strategy to roulette so you can't fukc up as much.

TimTimSalabim
04-29-2004, 04:27 PM
You want encouragement here? Sorry, this is Abuse. Encouragement is the forum next door.

frizzfreeling
04-29-2004, 05:40 PM
I am currently in a losing streak lasting the past 12,000 hands. It is the worst i have seen in over 6 months and has brought my average down by 10%+
Even worse, I was low on cash in the first place due to medical bills. My point here is, simply, ARE YOU F**KING KIDDING ME???? Im taking a pounding day after day, and I come here to see someone whining about one losing session? It is a joke, right? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Surfbullet
04-30-2004, 09:56 AM
With that being said, this sh*t happens - learning to deal with a losing session is critical to long-term success.
So suck it up. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

nykenny
04-30-2004, 10:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Kenny,

You clearly don't have what it takes to win at this game. Good players never lose, there are obviously holes in your game.

I think you should by a book about Bingo and try that one.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks /images/graemlins/smile.gif. sorry for the late reply, i was really depressed yesterday. and last nite i had a $5 winning session after 3.5 hours of super-tabling, watch out guys! i am coming back soon!

Kenny

nykenny
04-30-2004, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Plus there isn't much strategy to roulette so you can't fukc up as much.

[/ QUOTE ]

i went to Barnes&Noble and saw this book on sale, "Roulette for Advanced Players" and "Winning Low-Limit Roulette". are these the text studied by most of the regular Roulette sharks?

Kenny

nykenny
04-30-2004, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you for real? If you're being serious, Kenny, this is among the dumbest posts I've ever seen here and shows a complete and utter lack of understanding of the game. How many sessions in a row did you win prior to this loss?

[/ QUOTE ]

22 /images/graemlins/wink.gif

nykenny
04-30-2004, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you limp PF with your big hands, you'll lose less when they're cracked.

[/ QUOTE ]
u might be right for other people. but i go uberly aggressive with the big hands i limp with post-flop, so i lose more /images/graemlins/frown.gif

nykenny
04-30-2004, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You suck Kenny. Do you see why?

Best wishes,

-Diplomat

/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

could you please let others elaborate?

thanks,

Kenny

/images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Diplomat
04-30-2004, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

could you please let others elaborate?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I have.

-Diplomat

Chris Daddy Cool
04-30-2004, 03:19 PM
I lost 45 BB in 45 minutes yesterday. I doubt you can beat that. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ulysses
04-30-2004, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I lost 45 BB in 45 minutes yesterday. I doubt you can beat that. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I've lost a lot more a lot quicker than that in both limit and no-limit games. I win. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

blackaces13
04-30-2004, 03:35 PM
So you played online last night...and came out down. OK, what's the big deal? Does this really happen so infrequently that you need to be told everything will be ok? I really don't get it man. You had a losing night, boo hoo.

PS. You actually ask if anyone has a similar experience to having a single losing session of online poker. Are you fvcking serious man? You have a lot of posts to be asking absurd questions like that.

jdl22
04-30-2004, 03:37 PM
Was that the 21st century edition of RFAP?

I would reccomend it, but only if you can get the new version which includes how to change you strategy when there are only a couple other bettors at the table which isn't in the first edition.

astroglide
04-30-2004, 03:44 PM
almost all of your winning sessions are around an hour, and your losing or breakeven ones are much longer. presumably you are quitting early when up, and playing forever when down. the "quitting when up" factor can sometimes indicate a wrong attitude about the game. if you will always play until you win or leave as soon as you're up, you are bound to book lots of winning sessions.

Chris Daddy Cool
04-30-2004, 03:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've lost a lot more a lot quicker than that in both limit and no-limit games. I win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um... doesn't that mean you lose? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

nykenny
04-30-2004, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've lost a lot more a lot quicker than that in both limit and no-limit games. I win. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

by the 2nd hour last night, i was down 100BB. i win /images/graemlins/frown.gif

nykenny
04-30-2004, 05:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
almost all of your winning sessions are around an hour,

[/ QUOTE ]
that's close to the truth.

[ QUOTE ]
and your losing or breakeven ones are much longer. presumably you are quitting early when up, and playing forever when down.

[/ QUOTE ]

however, this is not all true. i sometime do stick around for the reason you specified. but many times i do quit on the planned hour (win/lose). also there are times i play on for different reasons.

but in any case, i still have this tendency of wanting to play more when losing badly. that, i share with many other, is what i am working on to get rid of. i am much better with it now. if u do have access to my log, u might recognize some truth in my claim.

By, the way, how are you running lately? still hot?

Kenny

1800GAMBLER
04-30-2004, 09:38 PM
I think you missed Homer's small stakes post, oh yea, and any gambling theory topic ever posted.

Kenrick
05-01-2004, 02:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]

thanks /images/graemlins/smile.gif. sorry for the late reply, i was really depressed yesterday. and last nite i had a $5 winning session after 3.5 hours of super-tabling, watch out guys! i am coming back soon!

Kenny

[/ QUOTE ]

$5 in 3.5 hours rocks!

If you do go into other gambling, though, make sure to read anything by John Patrick. He is the guru when it comes to gambling and will make you a winning player. *cough*

Being more serious, I thought you had like 14 winning sessions before this.

nykenny
05-01-2004, 08:56 PM
well, 22.

Dylan Wade
05-03-2004, 12:50 AM
suck a dick and a half beyatch?

t_petrosian
05-03-2004, 01:14 PM
Well, that should make you feel better - you "won"

t_petrosian
05-03-2004, 01:17 PM
Use this miserable session to motivate you to study harder... Read HPFAP again...and again...and again...
Read a chapter, read it again, then again, then again. Memorize it so you can virtually repeat word for word everything in there. Use your miserable sessions for motivation...you'll do better in the long run, and you'll also embrace your sh*tty sessions (which I'm guessing will happen more often since you only had one, it seems) because it will be your opportunity to grow as a poker player.

nykenny
05-03-2004, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
suck a dick and a half beyatch?

[/ QUOTE ]

bite a ear and then suck a d... beyotch...

James282
05-03-2004, 01:53 PM
Sounds like you're joking, but you actually have made posts ilke this in the past. Or is this just a way to show off that you had 22 winning sessions in a row? I am sure you aren't asking for help, but hopefully you don't think a post like this is actually funny, so all it really seems is that you wanted people to know about your winning streak(which you mention pretty frequently).
-James

BigBaitsim (milo)
05-03-2004, 03:57 PM
I have nothing to say, but am posting just to hear myself type, and to avoid work, which is more meaningful than the start of this thread, and so is justifiable.

MicroBob
05-03-2004, 07:38 PM
"I have nothing to say, but am posting just to hear myself type, and to avoid work, which is more meaningful than the start of this thread, and so is justifiable."

this is the best post in this thread.
actually, this is the best post of the year.

Diplomat
05-05-2004, 07:51 PM
*bump*

No way Kenny gets off this easy.

-Diplomat

ZeeJustin
05-05-2004, 08:09 PM
I hope you die.

nykenny
05-07-2004, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like you're joking, but you actually have made posts ilke this in the past. Or is this just a way to show off that you had 22 winning sessions in a row? I am sure you aren't asking for help, but hopefully you don't think a post like this is actually funny, so all it really seems is that you wanted people to know about your winning streak(which you mention pretty frequently).
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

funny or not, it was meant to be a semi-joke.

the real goal of this post of any other post is to try to reach a level of poker truth. the road of discovery to the truth is a bumpy one.

in poker, winning streak or not isn't very important. but that's not for discussion. if you think hard, u will realize that, if you measure your sessions differently, you might get different results...

for example, when i bunch up results by daily total, i get many many winning sessions (ie. 22 in a row); however if i look at sessions as continuous playing time with no break, then i sometimes have 2 session a day, and the overall win/loss ratio might change. and when i look at my sessions on a per table basis, i have many many losing sessions. in any given 6-tabling session, there might be minimum 2 tables suffering losing...

so the truth (or is it?) is that if you stretch your sessions long enough, there will be a point where all of your sessions are winning sessions, provided you are a winning player. ie. for someone who counts their entire poker career as one session, they will have 1 win and 0 loss at the end. so he wins 100% of the times.

Kenny