PDA

View Full Version : AKo UTG, Turn Decision

06-13-2002, 01:27 AM
live 4-8

raise UTG with AKo, i get 4 cold callers and both blinds defend.

flop is Ah Kh 10d blinds check, i bet CC1-3 call, one folds, sb folds, bb calls.

turn is the Qd, the bb bets out, bb is fairly tricky but its hard to believe he'd semi-bluff into so many players (one a btf raiser). i give him credit for the straight, but the pot is large and i could outdraw him....

the trouble is all the players left to act behind me, i might have to pay a double or triple bet if i get involved.

i decided to fold, the bb got 2 callers on the turn, no one raised. the river was an A giving me the absolute nuts........oh thats right, i f'ing folded.

bb bet the river and was called in one spot, he had a set of Q's and took it down, other player didn't show.

could have gotten near unlimited action on the river i think. i feel sick.

06-13-2002, 02:15 AM
As weak-tight as I think I am, I'm seeing the river here. If it comes back to me at three or four bets, I'll strongly consider laying it down, but I think I call. Easy for me to say, huh?

06-13-2002, 03:16 AM
There are 10.5 big bets in the pot when the turn action gets to you. The odds are perfect for you to call.

I understand why you are concerned about a raise behind you. However, players who win in the long run make their big laydowns on the early rounds when the pots are small. They don't do it on the later rounds when the pot is big.

06-13-2002, 04:15 AM
+ because you can now put your opponents on some big hands, you figure to pick up some additional bets if you do hit one of your outs on the river.

Bad fold I think. Good luck.

06-13-2002, 04:29 AM
"could have gotten near unlimited action on the river i think. i feel sick."

There's your answer. With all the money already in there plus the additional bets you can collect on the river you should have called.

06-13-2002, 06:35 AM
On turn there are 10 big bets in the pot (I deducted one small bet for rake) when the action gets to you. You´ve got four outs to the nuts/second nuts (not counting straight flushes) for which you need odds better than 11-to-1 which, in connection with the good river action if you hit, is reason enough to call imo (only fold if you call and it gets reraised). There are also the Js and Jc in case you are behind.

06-15-2002, 07:34 PM
If he's sure the bb would not bet anything less than a straight, then his play is to fold. The possibility of raising behind him, makes the implied odds of hitting his 4 outs not worth the reverse implied odds. The pot is not so big to warrant paying multiple big bets for a 4 outer.