PDA

View Full Version : KK hand (It's review time)

CardCuda
04-29-2004, 12:42 PM
I've dropped back down to the .50 games...getting killed everywhere I go....so it's review, study and review time....

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (7 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

River: (9 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero ???

<font color="blue">Tried to get him to fold his A, standard or foolish? </font>

sublime
04-29-2004, 12:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Tried to get him to fold his A, standard or foolish?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you know that answer to that question. When do these guppies EVER fold a flopped Ace? lol

FWIW, I would have folded /images/graemlins/smile.gif

tech
04-29-2004, 01:02 PM
If he does have the A, he's most likely not going anywhere. However, he could also be betting the flush draw. For that matter, I have been shown 83o in that situation countless times in these games. So, I'm not sure if I raise there, but I'm definitely not folding.

Rico Suave
04-29-2004, 01:04 PM
Hey Cardcuda:

[ QUOTE ]
Tried to get him to fold his A, standard or foolish?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are throwing away chips if you think your opponent has an A. There is little to no chance of pushing someone off of an ace in this situation.

However, is this opponent capable of betting a flush draw or 2nd pair? If so, then your line of play is not bad. In either case, I believe it is a clear check on the river.

--Rico

CardCuda
04-29-2004, 01:10 PM
Rico -

You are correct sir... After he called the turn bet I put him on A-crap and checked the river. He had A-4o. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

namknils
04-29-2004, 01:11 PM
I think this is a great hand to review, I have trouble playing a hand like this to. For what its worth I would have played it the same way you did and then checked thru the river. But I'm wondering if this might not be the best way to play it. Maybe it should be checked thru on the turn and then folded if bet into on the river. Anyone have strong feelings about this??

DoctorDrew
04-29-2004, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue">Tried to get him to fold his A, standard or foolish? </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think the lesson is you cannot make these people fold. I forgot this last night as well. 2 handed after the flop. I had 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif--flop is Jack high 2 clubs. Bet, I called. Next card is a club, Bet, I raised. The next card is another club. He checks, I bet and he shows me his J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and takes the pot. REMEMBER YOU CANNOT MAKE THESE PEOPLE FOLD TOP PAIR NO MATTER WHAT THE BOARD LOOKS LIKE.

ZootMurph
04-29-2004, 02:14 PM
This is a flaw in my game, I guess. I'd have played the flop the same as you did... take one shot at the pot when the ace hits. When it is checked to me on the turn, I check it through and check or call down the river.

The reason I call down is because I will sometimes bet out at an Ace flop against a raise preflop even if I don't have an Ace, hoping to make a big pair fold to the Ace. Depends on how tight the player can be.