PDA

View Full Version : Moving on..

mr magoo
04-29-2004, 08:38 AM
How should I move on with my play? I've no problem with 2/4 tables but when I move up to 3/6 I starts to loose money.

I go back to 2/4 and win, but when I move up again I start loosing, any tip for how to manage the 3/6 table.

I've read a couple of books, TH, THAP, TOP. Reading at this forum, articles.

Someone out there who have a tip?

Sorry if my english is'nt the best. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Joe Tall
04-29-2004, 11:20 AM
How should I move on with my play?

Post more hands. Bisonbison's hand converter. (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Peace,
Joe Tall

btspider
04-29-2004, 12:37 PM
how many 3/6 hands have you played? you may have just had a couple bad runs. just keep posting hands.

Bob T.
04-29-2004, 01:22 PM
Moving up, isn't always a smooth process. I think I tried to move up to 5-10 about 3 times before I moved up and stayed there. (Since the last time I moved up, I've been beating the 5-10 game handily.) Every time you go back down, you will get more experience, and learn more things about the game, and gain more confidence in your game, and eventually, you will be able to move up to 3-6 and stay there.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.

StellarWind
04-29-2004, 01:41 PM
Pick a problem in your game, preferably but not necessarily something that happened in 3/6, and make a real effort to fix it. When you try 3/6 again you'll feel better knowing you brought something new.

Maybe you could start with some research into the new blind structure?

The advice to post some hands is very good.

LetsRock
04-29-2004, 06:20 PM
Are you getting out-played or out-carded in 3/6? I've seen very little difference between play at 24/ and 3/6 so if you're winning at 2/4, you should be able to do the same at 3/6.

If you can see that the play is different and that is what is hurting you, then make sure you have the BR to handle the game and start learning. It's the only way you're going to cross the line. (There's no rule saying you HAVE to move up by the way - play where it is profitable for YOU!)

AceHigh
04-29-2004, 07:50 PM
It's called fixing leaks. Plug enough and you will be a winning 3/6 player.