PDA

View Full Version : 2+2 SNGs: STARS 8:00 & 9:30PM EDT THURSDAY Update

DrPhysic
04-29-2004, 07:17 AM
Here's your 2+2 SNG game schedule.

NEW!
"US" 2+2 SNG $10+1 NLHE on STARS 8:00PM EDT THURSDAY Apr 29
Look for Codewarrior or neutron999 (Pitcher) signon.

"US" 2+2 SNG $10+1 NLHE on STARS 9:30PM EDT THURSDAY Apr 29
Look for DrPhysic or VinnyTheFish signon.

Anyone is welcome to play. Leaderboard for the two US games will be separate. You may play either or both games. Lets try to fill both games. Continuation of the second game will be dependent on total participation of the two.

My original post did not include Pitcher's playing name on Stars.

Games for 2+2 posters. Not sponsored by Two Plus Two Publishing.

Doc

William
04-29-2004, 07:29 AM
So now there are 3 leaderboards? All 3 based on 10$ SNGs?

Isn't anybody interested in a 30$ SNG for example?

I found it hard to motivate myself for 2 hours of poker against good opposition for the prizes the 10's offer. And 3 times a week now.

I know it's mostly social, but considering the number of posts about moving up, perhaps we too could move up...

William

Simon Diamond
04-29-2004, 08:42 AM
I found it hard to motivate myself for 2 hours of poker against good opposition for the prizes the 10's offer. And 3 times a week now.

Remember William, it's not always about money.

Anyway, why not just play regular opposition in $30's? (unless our games are weaker! /images/graemlins/smile.gif )

Simon

William
04-29-2004, 08:48 AM
Remember William, it's not always about money

No, but now it's not about money 3 times a week at prime time.
Anyway, I don't believe the question about a higher SNG has been debated before (I might be wrong) and perhaps there is interest. If not, it doesn't really matter, it was just a suggestion /images/graemlins/smile.gif

It's funny playing with you all, but I also know how much I would usually make in those 2 hours, and as I said, I love you guys, just not THAT much /images/graemlins/grin.gif

William

DrPhysic
04-29-2004, 01:08 PM
Wm,

1) You don't HAVE to play all three. (Cuts down on the embarrasment factor that way)

2) No we haven't debated the higher limit issue. If you start a post to get people's reactions, be sure you ask which of the three we would make at a higher level, or would they prefer the saturday games like the $20 tournament next sat to be higher. I think we should retain some of the games at a very affordable level, but not necessarily all of them.

Doc

BTW: If the players who usually play at $215 or some other limit, wish to have a 2+2 SNG event, I would be happy to help set it up, but you would have to get a qroup that would be willing to play at whatever selected level. You lost me and some of the others at any level from 50 up.

D

Che
04-29-2004, 01:20 PM
The long-awaited day has finally arrived!

Come one, come all and witness the mind-boggling and devastating play of the one and only Che!

That’s right – after months of watching and wishing I could play in these contests but not being able to because of scheduling conflicts…an opportunity to showcase my talents has materialized.

I fully intend to play (and win /images/graemlins/wink.gif) both contests this evening. See you there (if you dare)…

Che (a.k.a. Glorfindel)

Kurn, son of Mogh
04-29-2004, 02:04 PM
I only play one per week, usually the US 9:30 one. I agree with William that too many of these, whether it's the stakes or the competition that's the issue, cuts into your EV.

By the way, what does the US leaderboard look like?

DrPhysic
04-29-2004, 03:39 PM
Kurn,
I don't think it's a matter of expecting everybody to play all three, but more a matter of making the games available to all the people that want to play. Since the advent of the leaderboard, we have been getting more people than could get in the 9:30 game. Whether that's enough to fill an 8PM game and a 9:30 game remains to be seen.

Here is the latest US leaderboard from AleoMagus' post of the 20th: (at the moment I can't remember how to do a link)

North American standings
1 Toro85 - 176 pts
2 codewarrior - 152 pts
3 thomastem - 150 pts
4 heyrocker - 142 pts
5 Shub314 - 137 pts
5 Wadd - 137 pts
7 SimonDiamond - 134 pts
8 KURN - 126 pts
9 wayabvpar - 112 pts
9 jpg777 - 112 pts
11 XlgJoe - 99 pts