PDA

View Full Version : Do you pop my ace-rag loving opponent for another bet here?

SoCalPat
04-29-2004, 02:14 AM
Actually, I already know the answer. He's got to show more aggression here before I should worry about him pairing his kicker, right?

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds.

Flop: (7.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 10.75 BB, between UTG+1 and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (10.75 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG+1 shows Ah 2h (three of a kind, aces).
Hero shows As Qd (three of a kind, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins 10.75 BB. </font>

illunious
04-29-2004, 02:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually, I already know the answer. He's got to show more aggression here before I should worry about him pairing his kicker, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, 3 bet the turn.

UTG+1 will play Ax like this post-flop, you have TK.

BaronVonCP
04-29-2004, 06:13 AM
And twice on Tuesday.

chesspain
04-29-2004, 07:07 AM
I'ld three-bet the turn. If after that he still come out betting on the river, I'ld just probably just call, and hope has didn't have AK or 77.

Webster
04-29-2004, 07:21 AM
Yup - remember - if you lose with AAA you better lose big or else you played it wrong.

Within reason of course.

Q might be a rag but it's a very good rag.

ZootMurph
04-29-2004, 07:59 AM
OK, you have AQ and the board hits AAK, and no one raises your flop bet. You have trips with top kicker. Your opponent has three outs and doesn't seem to be going anywhere... bet the heck out of that hand. If he hits the 3 outer, there's nothing you can do.

Freudian
04-29-2004, 08:06 AM
Hehe, I lost a 20 BB pot today on a similar hand.

A/images/graemlins/heart.gifQ/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Board is: 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gifA/images/graemlins/spade.gifA/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif3/images/graemlins/spade.gif

The other loser had an overplayed K/images/graemlins/club.gifK/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Winner had 7/images/graemlins/club.gif5/images/graemlins/club.gif

CountDuckula
04-29-2004, 11:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hehe, I lost a 20 BB pot today on a similar hand.

A/images/graemlins/heart.gifQ/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Board is: 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gifA/images/graemlins/spade.gifA/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif3/images/graemlins/spade.gif

The other loser had an overplayed K/images/graemlins/club.gifK/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Winner had 7/images/graemlins/club.gif5/images/graemlins/club.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus, what a runner-runner suckout! My sympathies. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

-Mike

StellarWind
04-29-2004, 12:31 PM
Wait for the river. You get the same potential profit. The advantage is that if a third spade comes you should probably just call. Axs is 50-50 to be spades.