PDA

View Full Version : Party 30/60...observing, does hero c-r river?

DcifrThs
04-29-2004, 01:06 AM
30/60 party game. a couple of fairly loose players but tricky and not at all bad players postflop, just enough to make the game good. i'm personally taking a shot at this game, playing very tight and not really going to war with any hands unless i'm ahead or against fishesto my right (fish=poor preflop selection, go to far with hands, and call down, but mostly heads up so play can't be WAYYY off).

hero is VERY tight and from what i can tell a good player. possibly one of YOU GUYS so no names here.

hero open raises, "fish" with loose reraising standards, ESPECIALLY against this early position raiser 3 bets and all fold, hero "pauses" for 4 seconds and calls. i don't remember EXACTLY but flop comes:

Qc9dXh or something very similar.

hero checks, fish bets, hero calls.

turn comes blank of clubs. hero check calls.

river comes a club, hero checks.

what does hero have? what does fish have? should hero bet the river when this situation arises?

results and thoughts to come.
-Barron

Ulysses
04-29-2004, 06:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
should hero bet the river when this situation arises?

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me get this right. You're asking the following: When you open raise with a premium hand and a fishy light raising player 3-bets you and you then call, then the flop comes Qc9dXh and you check-call, and the turn comes Yc and you check-call, and the river comes Zc, should you bet?

OK. Just checking.

karlson
04-29-2004, 06:46 AM
I'm guessing hero's most likely hands are TT, JJ, or 88. Possibly AK. Fish seems like he could have anything he'd 3bet with. I don't think I'd bet the river with the hands that I gave hero.

cybertilt
04-29-2004, 11:55 AM
I don't think our hero would raise pre-flop with JJ or TT. He would reraise pre-flop with AA and probly KK. He has AK and when the Qc comes he would call one sb with two over cards and a back door flush. Then when the second one comes on the turn its another good call for this pot size. No I wouldn't bet the river with the aggresive doing the leading, I would go for the check raise. He won't put u on runner runner, and will lead again. He will figure something is up if u lead out.