PDA

View Full Version : What hand does he have?

Ralph Wiggum
04-28-2004, 10:36 PM
No interesting hands by me during my latest session. But I saw this hand, and I would have played it differently. What do you put UTG on, and how would you have played this?

CO has A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif (You play his hand)

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif. (Raise or fold hand, I folded)
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, CO calls.

River: (8.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 10.75 BB, between CO and UTG.</font>

blackaces13
04-28-2004, 10:40 PM
I think UTG has rockets or AQ, most likely AQ just based on probability.

sin808
04-29-2004, 12:07 AM
hmm, I'd probably say AQ, AJ, maybe AK. Though if he had AK, why not cap pf? though if I was in the game I'd figure AQ.

SaintAces
04-29-2004, 01:21 AM

blackaces13
04-29-2004, 01:21 AM
AK, they split it.

illunious
04-29-2004, 01:33 AM
My guesses are taken. I'd love to see 69o here.

Ralph Wiggum
04-29-2004, 02:09 AM
So I guess if you guys were playing as the CO, you would reraise the turn?

illunious
04-29-2004, 02:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So I guess if you guys were playing as the CO, you would reraise the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if UTG is a solid player. The turn CR reeks of power.

With AK or AQ on .5/1 I definitely consider 3 betting the turn.

Zetack
04-29-2004, 08:26 AM
Ralph...I'd say your 4-7 off hand is a fold or fold hand...

Hard to put utg on rockets when he didn't cap PF or bet or raise the flop. And a raise first in PF with anything that hit two pair or better just doesn't compute either, unless this is a game where stealing from utg works.

So it looks like a big ace. Nevertheless, without a read on him, I don't like seeing the check raise, my TpTK is a hand I'd hate to see get capped on the turn and there's no overlay from other players so I might go with just calling down here as the co did.

--Zetack

ZootMurph
04-29-2004, 08:36 AM
I was thinking the same as Zetack... that hand was a fold or fold hand, LOL.

Did you have any read on him? Initially, I was thinking AT or TT. But, after reviewing the hand, I think it is not TT because he should have bet the flop with TT, and AT isn't raising material UTG.

I would have put him on a Big Ace preflop because he didn't cap. On the flop, still Big Ace because he checked it... would have bet an overpair. When he check-raised the turn, I'd again put him on a Big Ace, this time AK or AQ. And that holds true for the river.

Blindfolk
04-29-2004, 09:50 AM
I'll put him on TT if he's a solid player.

sfer
04-29-2004, 10:32 AM
Depends what I think of UTG. There are lots of any Ace raisers and they're pretty easy to identify. If I don't think UTG is one of them, I'd raise either the turn or the river.

MortalNuts
04-29-2004, 12:50 PM
Mainly because you said you wouldn't play it the same way, I'll say UTG has AA. But honestly he can have a lot of hands here, heads-up against a tight CO. AK/AQ/AJ/88 are all somewhat plausible; heck, he could be taking an interesting line with 99 or TT or K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif or something, too.

If we really wanted to justify UTG's play:

For lack of any other info, I'm assuming UTG believes CO to be a fairly tight, fairly aggressive player. Obviously in a multi-way pot UTG would cap PF with AA, but heads-up it's not wildly out of line to just call a 3-bet. If he belives CO holding say JJ/QQ/AK would actually fold to a 4-bet + flop bet or something, I don't have a real problem with this line. On the flop, most plausible holdings for CO are drawing quite thin; UTG lets him hang himself with AK or whatever. Of course the turn c-r is a no-brainer after that.

obviously that wouldn't be my default line, but against the right player it could at least be defensible.

whatever, though. probably he actually had like 56o. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

cheers,

mn

DamnRiver
04-29-2004, 03:12 PM
I'm thinking he could be on a PP 8's, 4's or 7's based on hero folding a 47 hand I'm leaning toward 88