PDA

View Full Version : Play this right?

AriesRam
04-28-2004, 09:44 PM
Paradise $30+3. Four handed, blinds 100/200. I am UTG with T2500. BB is leader with T4500. Other stacks are T950 and T1950. If I just sit tight I will make the money.

But I have K /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif. I raise to T800. Folded to BB who flat calls. Flop is Q /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif. Does anyone not push in here? I did, he called and flipped over A /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif. He caught a club on the river and I am on the outside looking in.

Is there anything I could have done differently? I don't think so, but my mind is asking why did I have to be in against the chip leader.

NotMitch
04-28-2004, 10:25 PM
I think this is a push everytime. Only thing is I would only raise to T600 preflop, I think you get the same results risking less.

West
04-28-2004, 10:29 PM
Nothing at all to second guess yourself on. I would also say that you were by no means guaranteed to make the money just by "sitting tight". It's just very unfortunate that the top stack happened to have a hand like he had and got a flop like that. I would have probably folded the A3s to your initial raise in that situation, and his call of your push on the flop isn't that great either. He doesn't hit and you're the favorite to win.