NotMitch
04-28-2004, 07:52 PM
This hand came up with 4 left in a Party Sng. Blinds 150/300

Stack sizes:

UTG: 170
Button: 3500ish
NotMitch (SB): 750 before posting
BB: 3500ish

Folded to me with 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. This is my second straight SnG with BB, he will call with any 2 cards here. All in or fold?

Bonus question: If you fold the short stack is all in next hand in the BB and can only post half of it. If it is folded to you on the button what is the worst hand you push with? If UTG raises now what do you play?

adanthar
04-28-2004, 09:20 PM
I fold. You probably need to double twice- not once- to be in serious contention for first or second, and sevens to any two cards are probably either a 7:3 favorite (with one overcard) or a coin flip. Your EV is going to take a hit here if you all in.

On the next hand, if UTG folds I *call* basically anything I'd normally all in with 4 handed (any A, most K's, pocket pairs down to 5 or 4, any decent Q or J or better) plus a few other hands. I want the SB to play, too; if he sets me all in, I don't mind, and if he flat calls, I'll check it down with him unless he wants to tell me he has something. I'm not betting any hand that isn't incredibly far ahead, but I will call his bet if I hit anything on the flop (maybe not a straight draw or lower, but probably everything else).

If UTG raises, I probably just fold without a great (four handed) hand. There's no reason to raise here to steal because there just isn't much *to* steal, so he likely has something good and I'll get out of his way. If the short stack doubles, he's still far enough below me for me to be ahead of him for third.

Stagemusic
04-29-2004, 06:28 AM
Absolute Fold here. With UTG in on the next hand you are a way better favorite to finish in the money. Then let the all in fest begin. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

King_J
04-29-2004, 08:24 AM
You probably have the best hand and there is a big chance you are a big favourite. So, move all-in and double up.

steeser
04-29-2004, 10:50 AM
While you are likely the better hand, it is an absolutely easy fold given UTG's chip position and your chip amount. Since you have a small stack, and UTG will call any two cards in this case, getting into the money is the key...the best way to do this is for you to fold.

If you had a bigger stack, it would be worth a raise, as you could hurt the big stack and still get away from it and make the money.